J’aime la Mer (I Love the Sea), offers up to 4 guests the opportunity to stay right on the beach in the beautiful fisherman's village of Paternoster. Only fifteen meters from the high-water mark, this ideally situated free standing self-catering cottage offers the best views of endless beaches. From here one can explore, delight in breathtaking sunsets or hike to nearby Tieties Bay and the Cape Columbine Lighthouse, built in 1936 - the last manned lighthouse to be built in South Africa.
During August the landscape bursts into colour when it's flower time on the West Coast. Whales and dolphins are a common sight in the pristine waters of the Atlantic ocean.
If you don't fancy the idea of preparing your own food, there are numerous well known restaurants in Paternoster that cater for every need.
J'aime la Mer consists of the following:
- 2 bedrooms.
- Main bedroom is furnished with queen bed, shower and toilet.
- Second bedroom: 2 single beds.
- Bathroom with shower and toilet.
- Bath- and hand towels provided for every guest.
- White 100% cotton linen. Extra blankets for chilly nights.
- Small safe.
- Open plan living & kitchen area. Gas hob, electrical oven, microwave, fridge, kettle, toaster. Inside braai / fireplace.
- Panel heater for winter, fan for summer.
- Full DSTV in living area.
- Braai/barbeque on the patio, almost on the beach. Patio can be closed with huge stacking doors.
- Parking on the premises.
- Unfortunately no card facilities. No smoking inside the house. No day visitors. No dogs allowed
- Host and staff are fully vaccinated -
- In the event of premature departure we will charge for the full original booking.
- Cancellation 0 - 14 days before date of arrival, or no-show visitor forfeits 100% of deposit.
- Cancellation 15 - 28 days before date of arrival visitor forfeits 75% of deposit.
- Cancellation 29+ days before date of arrival visitor forfeits 50% of deposit.
Arrival & Departure Times
Terms Of Payment
50% deposit is payable to secure the booking.
Outstanding balance on arrival or EFT before arrival.
All visitors to J'aime la Mer do so at their own risk and the owners cannot
be held responsible for any damage, loss, or injury, to persons or their
possessions or vehicles.
You need to bring beach towels, fire-wood, food and drinks.
Please no smoking inside J'aime la Mer.
No dogs allowed.
No day visitors allowed.
No crayfish/lobster or abalone/perlemoen may not be cooked, prepared or
stored on the premises.