Horse and Mill Guesthouse
Enjoy true Karoo hospitality in the centre of South Africa. The Horse and Mill is a perfect stop-over between Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg and Durban. It is situated in the centre of Colesberg, in a quiet one-way street parallel to the main road.
- The Horse and Mill Guest houses has 10 en-suite units.
- All of them have secure off- road Parking.
- English breakfast is served on request.
- Pet are welcome by prior arrangement
- Credit and Debit Cards are accepted.
Rest of the meals can be taken at the Horse and Mill Restaurant on the premises. Lunch and Supper is served from a menu with a wide variety of dishes.
The Horse and Mill Restaurant And English Styled Pub is in a beautiful restored Coach House with a real Horse Mill inside. It was build in 1840. Both the building and the Mill is a national monument.
The Horse and Mill is also part of the Seekoei Valley Meander where you can follow the flow of the Sea Cow River from Colesberg to its origin in the mountains near New Bethesda on dirt Roads. Or take a tour on mountain bikes to new Bethesda or through the history of Colesberg.
Private family units, bathroom with shower, two bedrooms, One room with a queen bed and the other one with two single beds. Electric blankets, Air Con, bar fridge, DSTV Bouquet, Coffee/ tea trays with rusks. Sleeps 4.
Flat with: Room with double bed, room with bunker bed, kitchen with fridge, microwave, coffee/Tea, Rusks and lounge with DSTV bouquet, and 3/4 bed, Air con: sleep 5.
Family room with a double and and a single bed, bathroom with shower, DSTV bouquet, Electric blankets, Air Con, bar fridge, Coffee/ tea trays with rusks. Sleeps 3.
En suite bedrooms with double beds, DSTV bouquet, Electric blankets and panel heaters Air Con, bar fridge, Coffee/ tea trays with rusks. Sleep 2.
Two bedrooms with twin beds DSTV bouquet ,Electric blankets , Air con, bar fridge, Coffee/ tea trays with rusks. Sleep 2.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Highly Recommended
- air conditioner (all units)
- bar fridge
- DSTV in room
- private entrance
- restaurant onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities
Direction (From the North):
- Enter at the first off ramp.
- Drive up Church street, then
- Turn right at the Colesberg Lodge into Voortrekker Plain
Directions (From the South):
- Turn right at the Wimpy / Engen off ramp.
- Follow the road until you reach Dutch Reformed Church, then
Turn right into Church Street.
- Just before Colesberg Lodge, turn left into Voortrekker Plain, then
- Turn left into Bell Street and come to second building on your right, Horse & Mill.
- After register completion, we will escort you next door to the Guest House.