Welcome to HeathBridge River Lodge, offering self catering cottages situated in Loch Vaal, Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng with river views from the property stretching across the Loch.
We have 2 self-catering cottages on a private home. All water is navigable and safe to ski and swim in. This is a nice way to get away from the hustle and bustle and enjoy a more relaxed lifestyle.
Sleeps 10 in 2 units
The Cottage - Sleeps 6
- A Beautiful Airy Garden Cottage, 30 meters from the water's edge set in a sun filled garden.
- The garden cottage has 2 separate bedrooms.
- 1x Queen bed in the Main bedroom.
- 1x King bed (can be made into 2x singles) in the 2nd bedroom.
- A Double Bed in a semi-private room.
- 1x Bathroom, which is separate from both bedrooms, has a shower and bath. Bath towels provided.
- All beds have crisp white linen with sheets, duvets and spare blankets for the chillier nights. Both rooms have free standing fans.
- The kitchen is a new fully appointed kitchen with oven, microwave and a large fridge. It is open plan onto a spacious lounge with enough lounge seating for 6 people, with a TV and preset-shared DSTV. The cottage has outdoor table and weber style braai. Views of the river can be seen from the side of the cottage.
The "Boathouse" - Sleeps 4
- Light airy cottage at the end of this private garden right on the water's edge.
- This river cottage has 2 beds.
- 1x King size bed in a studio style, so open to the lounge, kitchen and beautiful uninterrupted river views.
- 1x Queen size bed in a private bedroom.
- 1x compact Bathroom with shower, toilet and basin. Bath towels provided.
- All beds have crisp white linen, with sheets, duvets and extra blankets for chillier nights. Both rooms have free standing fans.
- The open plan lounge seats 4, with a TV and preset-shared DSTV. The kitchen is clean and compact with all the necessary appliances. The lounge leads through 2 large sliding doors onto the 'deck' - which is the patio with outdoor table and weber style braai directly on the water's edge. It also has a private grassed area alongside the boathouse, with a fire pit for your use. All of this with uninterrupted water views, you don't get much closer to the water than this.
These cottages are situated in the garden of a private residence, so it is a great place for boating, fishing, or just to relax and soak in the surroundings for your visit.
Boat launching for both units is available, but should be specified and arranged when booking to avoid disappointment. If you wish to swim in the river, please bring own swimming towels.
We are approx. 1 hour south of Johannesburg. A small cafe/bottle store is 5min away. The nearest mall (Vaal Mall) or bigger shops is around 15-20min away.
We are situated near to the Barrage wall, shores of Loch Vaal and Loch Vaal boat club, with on water patrol station.
We hope that whatever your reason to stay, that the experience will be fantastic.