Glenda's Guest Suites
Set in the tranquility of the enclosed and secured equestrian estate, Beaulieu, Midrand. Upmarket, attractive accommodation at reasonable prices. Designed for the corporate and equestrian markets, but suitable also for private use, our comfortable, immaculate, and welcoming rooms offer you peace and quiet, magnificent views, and the pleasure of watching wild guinea fowl, birds, spring hare, rabbits and chickens eat off our front lawn.
Each suite has its own private entrance, and place to work or relax in the privacy of your room or on the patios, with access to our gardens, the pool and children's jungle gyms.
Fitness fanatics can take a safe and pleasurable run or walk on our quiet roads. Our equestrian friends have easy access to the show arena's and bridle trails. Our nature lovers can study many bird species in the garden and can visit Beaulieu's very own bird sanctuary.
All rooms are Wi-Fi enabled through "Always On". Vouchers can be purchased on-line via credit card in your room or directly from us. "Always On" time can be used at all South African airports and many of the larger hotel and restaurant chains. They are also linked with numerous international internet providers and your foreign account can be used locally.
Our rooms have been graded "Highly Recommended" by the AA Quality Assured Programme and we are a member of NAA-SA (National Accommodation Association of South Africa). We are also proud to have received a 3 Star Grading by the SA Tourism Grading Council.
We currently have 6 suites to offer:
Suite 1: Sleeps 2 people in a king bed or two singles (additional sleeper couch is possible). It is a fully self-catering unit with full kitchen and full bathroom.
Suite 2: Sleeps 4. A queen bed plus 2 singles, full bathroom, plus dining table and lots of room to move.
Suite 3: Sleeps 2 to 4 persons in two separate bedrooms, each with 2 single beds or a King bed in each room. The suite includes a full bathroom as well as a kitchenette / dining area.
Suite 4: a lovely thatched unit with a choice of King bed or 2 singles downstairs and a loft capable of sleeping two on two single beds. The unit has a full bathroom and kitchenette and a wonderful bushveld atmosphere.
Suite 5: A beautiful thatched unit capable of sleeping two in a queen bed. Bathroom with luxury massage shower unit and small eating area. Lovely private bushveld feeling.
Suite 6: Our smallest unit, suitable for a single person only. An attractive room with shower only, and kitchenette. Set away from the main dwellings and nestled among the thorn trees, bringing you really close to nature. All twin beds can be comfortably converted into King-sized beds, on request.
All rooms are equipped with TV's (commercial DSTV which includes news, MNET, MNET Movies, all sporting channels and Disney for the kids), hairdryers, microwaves, fridge, toaster, kettle, coffee machines, irons, crockery, cutlery and other kitchen essentials. Bath accessories are available for your use and rooms are serviced daily.
All rooms are non-smoking but smoking is permissible on patios.
We do not organize trips, airport transfers etc but each room has an information booklet in which details of companies that specialize in these activities are listed.
We have a small conference facility for our clients, suitable for up to12 people. Please contact us directly for more information and pricing.
Rates include a choice of delicious breakfasts cooked to order. Relax on our large enclosed patio overlooking the garden and enjoy a selection of cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt, juice, breads and pastries, while we prepare your hot meal.
For those who prefer to eat alone, selected breakfast can be served in your room in the morning, or left in your fridge the night before for you to eat at leisure.
In addition tea, coffee, latte, cappuccino, biscuits, fresh milk, sugar, rusks, butter and jam are provided daily.
Dinners can be arranged on request, or order a delivery from one of our restaurants close by.
Where to find us:
We're convenient to Midrand, Sandton, Centurion but quiet enough for you to feel you're out in the country. Being, less than 10km from the N1 Ben Schoeman Highway, linking Pretoria and Johannesburg, makes getting to us easy and convenient.
Our rooms are ideally positioned for the corporate and business traveller, being close to many major office parks in Midrand, Vorna Valley, E-Rand, Carlswald, Kyalami, Vodaworld, Crowthorne and Beaulieu.
We are very central to Kyalami Race Track, Gallagher Estates and the Castle, making us ideal for those attending the motor or bike racing, trade show, exhibitions, etc.
Our equestrian friends have easy access to some of the country's leading show arena's such as the Transvaal Horse Society, Kyalami Equestrian Park and Inanda Country base, all of which are within 5 km of us.
Foreign visitors will find that we are well situated to gain easy access to all major tourist destinations, such as Monte Casino, Gold Reef City, Sun City, Pretoria, Johannesburg, Soweto, Maropeng, The Lion Park and numerous game parks in Gauteng and neigbouring provinces. Several shuttle companies will gladly arrange airport transfers, transfer to meetings, or trips to tourist destinations.
Within 5 minutes drive of the Guest Suites is:
- The Transvaal Horse Society
- Inanda Country Base
- Kyalami Race Track
- The Castle Hotel and Conference venue, Kyalami
- Kyalami Business Park
- Kyalami Country Club and Golf Course
- Leeukop Golf Club
15 Minutes drive from us:
- Midrand CBD
- Gallagher Estates
- Sandton CBD
- Centurion CBD
- Grand Central Airport
30 minutes drive from us:
- Oliver Thambo International Airport
- Lanseria International Airport
- Pretoria CBD
- Johannesburg CBD
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- National Accommodation Association
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- bar fridge
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- casino (less than 10km)
- DSTV in room
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in room (non-satellite)
- wi-fi / hotspot
Directions to our Suites:
1. From the N1, Ben Schoeman Highway (Pretoria/Johannesburg), take the New Rd offramp (between Olifansfontein and Allandale Roads)
2. Turn direction west at the top of offramp and follow road markers "Crowthorne" (you will be going towards Kyalami and away from Midrand CBD)
3. Follow New road for about 5 km. You will pass shops and townhouses and the road will bend and change name several times (from New, to Walton to Neptune to Arthur).
There are a few stops and robots along the way. Keep heading west until you see the Telkom satellite dishes on your right and then the Crowthorne Shopping Centre with Zenex Garage, a Spur and a Spar also on the right.
4. At the robots at this intersection the road crosses Kyalami Main Rd (R55). Cross straight over and you will be in Papenfus Drive. Sign in at the entrance saying "Beaulieu"
5. Turn right at the 2nd road into Marwari Rd
6. Go to the T-junction and turn right into Jutlander Rd
7. Follow the road up the hill round the corner and down. The road name changes to Krause Street and half way down the hill on your right will be No496b. Press the bell for the Guest Suites