COCO RICO RESORT
Office hours are from Mondays to Fridays : 07h30 to 13h00 and 14h00 to 16h30
Coco Rico is situated in Ponta D'Ouro - 'Place of Gold', the most southern waterfront town in Mozambique and only 12km from the Manguzi - Kosi Bay border post. This is the most Eastern border post between South Africa (KwaZulu-Natal province) and Mozambique.
Coco Rico is a 600km drive from Johannesburg and 400km from Durban.
The road is now tarred from Kosi Bay border post & Maputo to the market in town of Ponta D'Ouro. You can now drive from Kosi Bay border with your own vehicle even?if it is not 4X4 up until you reach Coco Rico Resort. All other roads remain the same and all roads in and around town is not accessible for all types of vehicle.
There is a secure pay and park facility for vehicles at Kosi Bay border post and pick up by Coco Rico can be arranged at an additional fee.
A wide variety of activities are available in the area including fishing, dolphin viewing, scuba diving, boat cruises, quad biking and 4x4 routes. Ponta do' Ouro is a scuba diver's haven and swimming with dolphins can become a reality.
Coco Rico is within walking distance from Ponta D'Ouro shops (stocking the must haves you forgot), restaurants, bars, a market, bank and a petrol station. Portuguese bread rolls are baked daily by the local people and can be bought at the market. It is advisable to bring enough milk and other dairy products along.
The nearest medical clinic is situated in Manguzi (RSA) approximately 30km from Ponta D'Ouro.
The Coco Rico complex is within walking distance (+/-50m) from the beach. The natural harbor creates a safe swimming beach.
Your children and property are safe within the secured Coco Rico complex with a 24 hour guard on duty. Ample paved space is available for parking of vehicles, boats, wet bikes and quad bikes. There are also car wash as well as fish cleaning and gutting facility available on the premises.
The resort consists of 20 units (16 duplex units and 4 simplex units) catering for 6 adults and 2 children per unit only, complete with a well-equipped full self-catering kitchen, mosquito nets in all rooms, spacious lounge, DSTV, air-conditioning and a braai area. Units are serviced daily.
Description of Simplex units (1, 2, 5 & 6):
The Unit has three bedrooms and three bathrooms. The main bedroom has a king size bed with a full en-suite bathroom (bath, shower and wash basin). The second bedroom has two single beds pushed together with en-suite bathroom (shower, toilet and wash basin). The third bedroom has two single beds pushed together and a bunk bed, with adjacent bathroom (shower, wash basin and toilet).
Description of Duplex units (3, 4, 7 – 20):
The Unit has three bedrooms and three bathrooms. The main bedroom and the second bedroom is upstairs with a balcony. The third bedroom is down stairs. The main bedroom has a king size bed with a full en-suite bathroom (bath, shower and wash basin). The second bedroom has two single beds pushed together with en-suite bathroom (shower, toilet and wash basin). The third bedroom has two single beds pushed together and a bunk bed, with adjacent bathroom (shower, wash basin and toilet).
A communal swimming pool is available to all guests and makes for an enticing alternative to the beach and situated close to the bar. The clubhouse includes a game room equipped with 2 pool tables and a tennis table, restaurant with bar facilities and an upper deck to enjoy a sundowner with the perfect view of a golden sunset.
Terms & Conditions
On arrival please, check-in at reception.
Check-in: From 14h00
Passports to be presented and documentation to be completed on check-in.
Check-out: Strictly no later than 10H00 (Late check-out fee: R200.00)
To be paid on check-in at Reception.
Key deposit required: R200.00 per unit
Any breakages will be the responsibility of the persons involved
Bath towels are provided, please bring own beach towels
To secure your reservation a deposit payment of 50% is payable within 7 days of making a provisional booking.
The balance for individual bookings are payable strictly 7 working days prior to arrival and with group bookings the balance is payable strictly 30 days prior to arrival.
Cancellations must be done in writing.
In the event of notification of cancellation, the following cancellation fee shall apply ON THE FULL BOOKING:
IF BOOKING IS CANCELLED, 10%HANDLING FEES WILL BE APPLICABLE.
IF BOOKING IS CANCELLED 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO OCCUPATION, 50% IS PAYABLE.
IF BOOKING IS CANCELLED 1 WEEK PRIOR TO OCCUPATION, 100% IS PAYABLE.
GROUP BOOKINGS 5 OR MORE UNITS 50% IS NON-REFUNDABLE IF CANCELLED 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO OCCUPATION.
GROUP BOOKINGS 5 OR MORE UNITS 100% IS NON-REFUNDABLE IF CANCELLED 2 WEEKS OR LESS PRIOR TO OCCUPATION.
Please arrange with Babera via e-mail: email@example.com
MONDAY - CLOSED
TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY
11H00 – 22H00
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY
09H00 – 22H00
11H00 – 15H00
From: Durban – Spaghetti Junction – N2 north (440km)
· Outer Ring Road (N2) Drive North (0km)
· Drive 259km and take exit left onto ramp R22 – HLUHLUWE (259km)
· Drive 400m then turn right onto R22 towards HLUHLUWE (260km)
· Drive 4.5km then turn Left onto R22 - SODWANA BAY (264km)
· Drive 1.4km then turn right R22 - past Mbaswana to Kosi Bay (266km)
· Drive 124km then turn right R22 - KOSI BAY (389km)
· Drive 46km then turn right after KOSI BAY BORDER POST follow the Coco Rico Signs (435km)
· Arrive at Ponta Do Ouro
Total Distance: 440 km
Total Time: 4:45:00
From: Pretoria - McDonalds - N4 east (639km)
· McDonald's (Gate) (0km)
· N4 East - WITBANK / MIDDELBURG (19m)
· Drive 350m then turn left onto Richard St (369m)
· Drive 129m onto Schoeman St East N4 - WITBANK / MIDDELBURG (498m)
· Drive 133km take exit left onto N11 - HENDRINA / ERMELO (134km)
· Drive 95.2km then turn left on N2 - PIET RETIEF (229km)
· Drive 257km through Piet Retief & Pongola – then turn left to JOZINI (486km)
· Drive 20.6km then keep left to cross the Jozini Dam Wall - To KOSI BAY (506km)
· Drive 39km then turn right at Bhambananna to KOSA BAY (545km)
· Drive 89.8km then turn right at KOSI BAY BORDER POST follow the Coco Rico Signs (635km)
· Arrive at Ponta Do Ouro (639km)
Total Distance: 639 km
Total Time: 7:10:00
From: Johannesburg - Eastgate - R24 east (626km)
· Get on R24 and drive East (0m)
· Drive 10.4km then take exit 427 BOKSBURG to the left onto M44 Jet Park Rd towards East Rand Mall (10.4km)
· Drive 410m then turn right onto Jet Park Rd (M44) (10.8km)
· Drive 4.5km then turn right Rondebult Road (R21) (15.3km)
· Drive 5.2km take exit left onto ramp onto N17 (20.4km)
· Drive 71.7km then turn left onto N17 – SECUNDA (94.1km)
· Drive 3.2km then turn left onto N17 - SECUNDA / BETHAL (97.3km)
· Drive 117km then in Ermelo Turn right onto N11 towards - PIET RETIEF (215km)
· Drive 1.6km then turn left onto N2 - PIET RETIEF (216km)
· Drive 257km through Piet Retief & Pongola – then turn left to JOZINI (473km)
· Drive 20.6km keep left to cross the Jozini Dam Wall - to KOSI BAY (532km)
· Drive 39km then turn right at Bhambananna - KOSI BAY (543km)
· Drive 89.8km then turn right at KOSI BAY BORDER POST follow the Coco Rico Signs (622km)
· Arrive at Ponta Do Ouro (626km)
Total Distance: 626km
Total Time: 7:05:00
Enter town, continue straight over the 4-way stop (tar road).
Turn left when you see the filling station on your left-hand side.
Coco-Rico is 150m down the road on your right-hand side.