The cottage No 9 now called Cloud 9, is part of the MAR AZUL development situated in Ponta Malongane +- 1.2 km north from the “Sunset Bar". “Our / your place in paradise”. We have kept it basic but comfortable “Less is more,“ a place you can leave all the day to day stresses of urban living behind you. 2 pairs of baggies and two T shirts is plenty for 5 days, not that the ladies will agree.
The cottage has a beach front position furthest north in the development, so very private with its own access to the beach.
The parking is +- 400mts from the house but there is a drop off point +- 300mts from the house. (Please be aware you cannot leave your car parked at the drop off point). The parking is +-100mts from the drop off point. We do have staff to help you get your luggage carried to the house, please go to the house and ask Leia the cleaning lady to get help to carry your luggage and food in. Kindly leave a tip for the people who help you to carry the goods in.
With regards to safety in the parking area, we have owned the house for 10 years and have never had an incident and neither has any other owner in the complex. However, we prefer you do not leave anything valuable in the vehicles overnight.
The cottage consists of the following basic essentials:
5 bedrooms (2 in the front have double beds). Main bedroom & 2nd bedroom also has double beds. The other rooms behind are as follows: 3rd bedroom / children’s room has 4 beds. 4th bedroom bedroom has 2 beds that can be joined together as well to make a King size bed. Upstairs is a loft that can sleep 4 people. The cottage sleeps 10 people comfortably, and although we have more beds we prefer no overcrowding, this is due to the bathroom situation. 3 bathrooms, none en-suite.
- All bedrooms have air-cons.
- 3 bathrooms / shower /basin and toilet.
- Inside lounge area / open plan kitchen / scullery / veranda with chairs and eating area, large deck with small pool. NB!! There is a pool net available for small children. Please request this before arrival.
- Outside shower.
- Webber braai.
- 2 chest deep freezers, one large industrial two door fridge as well, washing machine, microwave.
- Bed linen / pillows are supplied.
- Small wall mounted safe situated in 3rd bedroom.
- Towels and beach towels are supplied. Please do not take our bath towels to the beach.
Breakdown of bedroom descriptions:
Bedroom 1. 2 single beds pushed together to make a King size bed, bedding is made up as a King. This room has partial sea views and is situated at the front of the cottage.
Bedroom 2. 2 single beds pushed together to make a King size bed, bedding is made up as a King. This room has sea views and is situated at the front of the cottage.
Bedroom 3. 4 single beds, this room is situated at the back of the cottage.
Bedroom 4. 2 single beds situated next to the kitchen at the back of the cottage.
Bedroom 5. 2 single beds, this room is situated up the stairs.
All rooms are air-conditioned. 4 downstairs, 1 upstairs (mainly used for the children).
1 lounge open plan.
1 open plan kitchen.
Outside dining and seating arrangements as well as lounge.
1 swimming pool with beautiful large deck and stunning sea views.
The following is recommended to bring:
- DRINKING WATER.
- Coffee machine if needed for the professional coffee connoisseurs.
- Fish fillet knives. We have them but they are not always sharp.
- Hats / caps and suntan lotion.
- Always advisable to take a pair of long pants, sweater, socks and sneakers for the very occasional cold spell and walking.
- Mosquito nets / coils and spray.
- Music system.
- There is no TV; Sunset Bar has great company and atmosphere for sports games. Bring lap top and movies for kids.
- Toilet paper / bath soap / large black bin bags. Toilet paper will be supplied for the first 2 nights, after that please supply your own.
The cleaning service is there daily to clean the house and make the beds. Please do not ask them to do your clothing washing. The washing machine is there for you to use yourself if you want, but please bring your own washing powder.
Car hire and taxi border transfers:
Sean Woodey has a car to rent:. Call +258 847 667 132 or +27 747 446 908.
Taxi to do border transfer: (1) Alberto +258 845 775 710 (2) Alfonso +258 847 699 708. They both have combi’s and live in Malongane.
*** VERY IMPORTANT INFO ***
Vehicle / trailer / boat / jet ski ownership papers are needed.
Valid passports, with more than 3 pages available for stamps. Make sure the passport has been stamped every time.
Valid driver’s licence.
Unabridged birth certificate for children. NB!! You will need to arrange the same with consent from their parents for friends of your children. Always make sure before leaving the border that all passports have been stamped by the passport authorities.
CASH SA Rands / ZAR. Although there is an ATM in Ponta, it will only give you MZN, local money and is very difficult / impossible to exchange back into ZAR. Some restaurants will take certain credit cards, however, “rather be looking at your SA rands in hand than looking for them later on“.
Electricity is covered in the charges of your stay and we ask you to turn the air-conditioners off during the daytime or while you are out. Leia cleaning service will turn the air-conditioners off if you should leave them on.
A 4x4 in Malongane is recommended. However, if you do not have a 4x4 it is possible to arrange a taxi service for you. We can supply a name and telephone number of a taxi service in Malongane who we have used before. Clients are requested to make their own arrangements with the taxi service.
Guests are required to acquire their own sim cards for communication. Guests should be able to purchase their WiFi cards from certain shops in Ponta Malongane itself. Leia can advise you which is the best to go. Please do not task Leia to get them for you. Alternatively you can ask at the tavern called The Sunset Bar, which is recommended for its chicken peri peri. It has nice views and is a good tavern to go have sundowners.
It is customary to tip the cleaning services and staff for their help during your stay, and the tip is left at your discretion.
Short term rental contract. Kindly request this if you want us to forward it to you.
Description of neighbourhood:
The neighbourhood is very quiet and there are market stalls for guests to look at the curios and purchase. Guests will enjoy this quiet little village. There are many bars in Malongane which the guests will enjoy. It could occasionally get a bit rowdy during the high seasons. Sunset Bar is a good place to end up after a hot day at the beach, and beautiful sunsets to watch while you sip on a cool drink or beer. They also serve very scrumptious peri-peri chicken and calamari or prawn dishes.
Things to do in the area and Ponta Do Ouro:
Fishing, snorkling, swimming with the dolphins, whale and dolphin watching from the cottage, kiteboarding, dive school with facilities in Ponta Malongane to teach clients and Ponta Do Ouro has one as well. All beach activities are available in Ponta Malangane and Ponta Do Ouro. Bring your boat. Bring your paraglider. Rhyno etc.
Quad bike riding, walking trails.
Beroccas (bars), nice restaurants, small supermarkets.
A very relaxing beach holidays to be had.
DSTV & Internet:
Because this is our holiday destination we have chosen to leave the TV and DSTV at home. We do not have internet but you can purcase it from The Sunset Shack around the corner from Mar Azul.
Love Café in Ponta Do Ouro to use the internet there. Take swimming costumes etc as it’s a nice day or morning out.
We do not do border transfers but can organize them for you. Kindly let us know when you send your enquiry.
Directions from Maputo to Ponta Malongone
From Maputo at the T junction to Ponta do Oura you must travel 2.8km and there
is a poorly marked sign on the left that says Ponta Malongane.
Ponta Malongane is 10km North of Ponta do Ouro
GPPS coordinates are S 26’46.637. E 032’53.440
1. A cancellation fee of 10% of the total gross rental amount, subject to a minimum cancellation fee of R1000, will be levied if the booking is cancelled more than six weeks prior to the anticipated arrival date.
2. A cancellation fee of 50% of the total rental amount plus any bank charges and cancellation penalties levied by suppliers will be levied if the booking is cancelled four weeks prior to the anticipated arrival date.
3. A cancellation fee of 100% of the total rental amount will be levied if the booking is cancelled less than four weeks prior to the anticipated arrival date. Partial refunds may apply, depending on the ability to re-let the premises for the applicable period at a similar rate.
4. Rental is due for the period booked and no refunds will be permitted, should departure occur at an earlier date for any reason whatsoever.
Arrival & Departure Times
Check in time 14h00 onwards. Check in before only permitted by prior written approval. Additional charges will be levied for early or late check ins. We have to organize the staff to come in.
Check out time is at 10h00. Check out after 10h00 only permitted by prior written approval. Additional charges will be levied for late check-outs. Again we have to organise staff.
Check out keys are to be handed to the security staff at the gate into Mar Azul. A daily fee will be levied for late check outs. Please arrange with our management when making the booking.
Terms Of Payment
1. For bookings made 40 days or longer before check in date, a minimum deposit of 50% of the total invoice amount is required within 2 days of invoice. The balance is due and payable 40 days prior to arrival.
2. For bookings made within 40 days of check in, full payment of the total invoice amount is due and payable immediately.
3. Payments to be made by EFT or bank Transfer. No cash deposits.
All reservations are subject to the above terms of payment, booking and cancellation policy, without exception.
INSURANCE: We strongly recommend that all clients have adequate personal insurance at the time of making your reservation, covering all risks and the entire period of the holiday.