Close your eyes and picture a double-storied thatch house, situated on the edge of a lake. You can see mountain views from every window. Imagine walking a few steps down to the bank of this Lake Madingofani (also know as Castleburn Lake) and casting your line into the water in an attempt to hook a trout. Lift your eyes up and view the mountain splendours of the Southern Berg range. See the 'Rhino Horn', tall and strong. In winter experience the frozen lake edges and bracing cold as you gaze on the snowy mountain ranges. Return to the warmth of the house with its underfloor heating and wood fueled furnace and enjoy your cup of tea or coffee.
Summertime allows you to enjoy the coolness of the thatch house and refreshing swims in the lake and swimming pool. Relax around evening braai's on the patio and enjoy the sound of birds and geese preparing for bed.
This home is situated in the wonderful Gold Crown timeshare estate of Castleburn and our guests have full access to all the amenities offered on the estate.
This luxury home has 4 bedrooms sleeping 8, and 3 bathrooms. One queen sized bed and 6 single beds. The 2 bedrooms upstairs share a full bathroom with a Spa Bath. We call this the 'bath with a view'. The main bedroom is en suite and the 2nd bedroom downstairs is adjacent to a bathroom. All bedrooms have hairdryers.
The kitchen is beautifully equipped with all the modern appliances to make your stay comfortable. A gas hob, thermofan oven, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble drier. Daily servicing of unit included in the tariff.
There is a TV and DVD player in the lounge area. TV channels include SABC 2 and 3, M-Net, SS1, SS2, MM1, BBC Prime and e-TV.
- Wonderful walks on the Castleburn Farm and the neighbouring Roslinn Farm.
- Easy access to the Natal Parks Board trails for those who prefer a bit more exercise.
- A choice of 5 dams or the lake for fly-fishing.
- Tennis courts, mini-golf, horse riding, trampolines, jungle gyms, swimming pool and a recreation room with table tennis and snooker table are all available.
- Bring your bikes if you enjoy cycling.
- In the windy months enjoy your kite flying.
There are numerous canoes and rowing boats equipped with life jackets at your disposal.
There is also a restaurant in the clubhouse that serves delicious and affordable meals.
- Crofter's Shop (3km) (essential food items)
- Golf (15km)
- Highland Health and Beauty Salon (1km)
- Medical Facilities (25km)
- Nearest Town (Underberg) (25km)
- Supermarkets (25km)
- This house is a non-smoking home.
- Please bring your own swimming towels.
- No animals allowed.
- canoeing onsite
- fishing onsite
- horse riding onsite
- lake onsite
- nature trail onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- tennis court onsite
- tumble dryer in unit
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine in unit
- washing machine onsite