29 on St. James
An exceptional Guest Lodge situated in the heart of the leafy residential suburb of Westville overlooking Durban's Ridge. The closest registered accommodation facility to the Westville Hospital, Albert Luthuli Hospital, Pavilion Shopping Centre and West Way Office Park, with its easy access to the inter link of the North and South Coast Tourism routes, King Shaka International airport a mere 20 mins away.
The Sights & Sounds...
29 on St James is situated in beautiful and peaceful landscaped indigenous gardens with a stunning rock swimming pool with wheelchair access, cascading waterfalls and rock streams where birdlife abounds in this lovely setting. The early morning wake up calls of the Purple Crested Loerie (Turaco) or the groups of Ibis visiting their favourite watering hole encapsulates your ideal "out of Africa" experience, a theme that is carried through the Lodge as it introduces you to the history that is the foundation of this beautiful country.
On the Inside...
The main public areas of the Lodge, includes amongst other fine details, a beautiful reception area and theme pub, TV room with full channel service, & dining room . 7 external suits all with own entrances are situated on the first floor where sweeping vistas over Durban can be experienced.
On the Outside...
Outdoor under cover, includes a breakfast area where meals are served on most occasions overlooking the sights and sounds of nature (and the beautiful night lights of Durban); informal lounge with views over the Umgeni River mouth and the warm Indian Ocean, BBQ braai area and ablutions. The area is suitable for functions, receptions and product launches. Ample secure parking is provided.
Each suite comprises of a kitchenette with microwave, bar fridge, cutlery and crockery for self-catering purposes (No stoves)
Just "Up the road"...
In walking distance from the Lodge along safe routes are the Westville Country Club with all its sport/club facilities, the Westville Metro Swimming pool (Olympic size), Westville Shopping Centers housing restaurants, supermarkets, clothing stores, local pubs/bars and foreign exchange banks. The lodge borders onto the Nature Trail and the Open sports fields of the Westville Old Boys Association. The Palmiet and Roosfontein Nature Reserves are a short 5 minutes drive away where regular informal / formal walks can be arranged.
About the Owners...
Extensive alterations by the owners Barry and Valerie Livsey have ensured that every detail has been completed and continually improved with you, the guest in mind, to maximize your stay with us whether for business, honeymoon or just leisure in a relaxed, safe and enjoyable manner.
We accept Visa or Mastercard, regret no American Express or Diners Cards. Registered with Durban West b&b Association & DWCTO (Durban West Community Tourism Organisation)
- DStv, air conditioners, tea/coffee facilities in all suites.
- Lodge fully air conditioned.
- 24hr Wireless Internet Access.
- Safe available in all suites and reception.
- Relaxing Indigenous Gardens.
- Transport to & from Durban International Airport, ICC, Sport Stadia, Beaches (nominal charge).
- Pool & sun-bathing area.
- Honeymoon suite.
- The "Outspan Tree" pub is licensed.
- Off-Street secure & safe parking.
- 24-hour security.
- Alarm systems & panic response buttons in all suites.
- Personalized tours by arrangements (game parks, Battlefields, Dolphin and Whale watching, Zulu Cultural Villages, Township and Heritage/City Tours).
- Telephone, secretarial & faxing service (nominal charge).
- Golf & Fishing Tours.
- We regret that we do not cater for children under the age of 16
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Durban West B&B Network
- National Accommodation Association
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- air conditioner (all units)
- airport transfers
- aquarium (less than 5km)
- bar fridge
- bar/cocktail lounge
- big game (less than 30km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- car hire (less than 20km)
- casino (less than 10km)
- dolphinarium (less than 5km)
- DSTV in communal area
- DSTV in room
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- private entrance
- radio in room
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- shark cage diving (less than 10km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- wi-fi / hotspot