Umzumbe Beach House
The Beach House
This self-catering home is situated on a beautiful sandy beach on the edge of the warm Indian Ocean and will appeal to anyone looking for sun, surf and sand. Enjoy a braai on the patio while listening to the waves crashing less than 60 meters away. A private path cut through the lush foliage leads you directly onto an endless beach. Umzumbe is known for excellent fishing and also has a Blue flag beach for swimming or surfing
The house is a large clean and comfortable open plan property which sleeps up to 8 people. Glass patio doors open directly onto a large covered patio which overlooks the sea and a private garden. There is a large open plan kitchen with basic pots, pans, cooking utensils, cutlery and crockery supplied
Beds and baths
- Bedroom 1 - double bed and en-suite with shower and bath
- Bedroom 2 - double bed and bunk bed
- Bedroom 3 - twin
- Bedroom 4 - double bed
- Bathroom, separate shower room, separate toilet
- Fully equipped open plan kitchen, including; microwave, fridge/freezer,toaster
- Large lounge with hi-fi, plays CD's, radio and has a USB port for your mp3 player
- Separate lounge with TV. A DStv dish is available - Own smart card needed.
- Patio area overlooking the beach with a braai and garden furniture
- Private garden
- Garage for two cars and storage
There is an onsite housekeeper, if you would like to make use of her for basic cleaning and washing up there is an extra charge
Bedlinen and towels
Bedlinen, is provided for your stay. Please bring your own beach towels as these are not provided.
Relaxed subtropical seaside living plus thrilling, adrenalin-fuelled adventures to boot!
With the beach only a stones throw away you can make the most of swimming, fishing or just relaxing and catching a suntan. Anglers can stand knee-deep in the shore-break for hours on end, casting lines after some of the most varied and abundant scaled trophies to be hooked anywhere.
For scuba divers, a world-class site presents a series of reefs to test the mettle and endurance of even the most experienced underwater fanatic. A short distance inland you can find white-water rafting, rock-climbing, mountain biking and one of the world's highest abseil and cable-slide locations.
Golfers can enjoy two of South Africa's top ten golf courses among the Hibiscus Coast's choice of seven - all presenting varied levels of difficulty, but similar in terms of beautiful locations and breathtaking outlooks
The house is :
- 150 km from King Shaka International airport.
- 25 min from Margate.
- 60 min from Wild Coast Casino.
- 50 min from Oribi Gorge.
- 35 min from Scuba Diving.
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- DSTV (bring card and decoder)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fishing onsite
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up garage
- lock-up safe
- microwave in unit
- parking all onsite
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- remote security
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- washing machine in unit
- washing machine onsite