Two spotless, self-contained Guest Houses units inside a secure, guarded complex in an upmarket quiet suburb of Harare. Only 10 Minutes from the city centre, close to business, tourism and travel hubs and Pick 'n Pay, Foodlovers Market
Rising above Harare in Zimbabwe, there's a granite hill named "The Kopje", and it's from here that you have the best views of Harare, which is situated high on the country's central plateaux in the north-east of Zimbabwe, in the heart of historic Mashonaland.
Harare, the Zimbabwe capital, is known as the "city of flowering trees", whose lustrous purples and reds decorate Harare's glass tower backdrop of modern buildings mingling with the older Harare historical buildings, which have been respectfully preserved honouring Harare's culture and heritage. There are numerous five-star hotels in Harare and restaurants, shopping malls, cinemas, theatres, night clubs and many Zimbabwe cultural pleasures in and around the city.
Harare Bed & Breakfast accommodation is generally situated in the upmarket suburbs of Harare, only minutes from the city centre, close to Harare business, Harare tourism and Harare travel hubs.
For the Zimbabwe sporting enthusiast, Harare is populated by some two million people, with most living in central Harare, and sporting interest runs high as Harare is home to the country's main test cricket ground - Harare Sports Club, and to Dynamos F.C., Zimbabwe's most successful association football team.
Places of interest in Harare, Zimbabwe :
- The National Gallery of Zimbabwe located in the heart of downtown Harare is the center for contemporary art, and houses a permanent collection of more than 6,000 works collected over a period of fifty years. Of special interest are the outstanding Shona soft-stone carvings.
- Chapungu Kraal lies just ten minutes outside Harare, where you'll find an impressive collection of soapstone and verdite sculptures, as well as an authentic 19th century Shona village complete with n'anga (traditional doctor).
- Mbare Musika is the most significant trading and transport centre in Harare, Zimbabwe. Here you can stroll around the open flea-market, bargain for exquisite hand-crafted souvenirs, and experience Zimbabwe shopping, the way it's traditionally done in many other African countries.
- Zimbabwe Tobacco Auction Floors in Erith Road Harare - where in season you'll sample the swinging action and high tension between growers.
- Lake Chivero, Zimbabwe, ... just a few minutes outside Harare, where watersports of all kinds are available on the resort-filled north shore. On Lake Chivero's south shore is a 2 023ha wilderness, where zebra, giraffe, sable, white rhino, tsessebe and eland roam. Bird life is prolific, and in the granite hills you'll find many Bushmen paintings.
Towns near Harare with Where to Stay accommodation :
Selous in Zimbabwe, 82kms from the centre of Harare. Selous Private Game Reserve accommodation features the Chengeta Safari Lodge, where you can succumb to opulence that captures the spirit of Africa.
Selous accommodation is on the main Harare to Bulawayo road, and if you're on your way from Harare to Bulawayo, Matabeleland (430km - 6hrs 13mins from Harare), Zimbabwe's second-largest city after Harare, you'll be rewarded with comfortable Bulawayo Bush Lodge accommodation in the heart of the renowned Matopos World Heritage site.
Harare, Zimbabwe's capital, is a beautiful, light-filled, open city with an invigorating climate and energetic vibe - well worth exploring!
Where To Stay Harare Accommodation Page
It is our mission to search for, and recruit a wide selection of suitable Harare accommodation, particularly the more popular categories such as Harare bed and breakfast accommodation, Harare self catering accommodation, Harare guest house accommodation, and other Harare lodges such as self catering cottages in Harare, and Harare hotels.
We strive to present a mixture of upmarket Harare accommodation, and affordable Harare accommodation (to suit all pockets and tastes), especially for self catering accommodation in Harare, which is a category more geared for family holiday accommodation in Harare.
Harare hotels should be considered for business or holiday accommodation in Harare (or in towns near Harare).
Suitable Harare accommodation can also be found in nearby town of Selous - 82kms from the centre of Harare.
We recommend that, if in doubt about accommodation quality, and to put your mind at ease, you should consider Star Graded accommodation in Harare, whether it be Star Graded self catering Harare accommodation, or Star Graded Harare bed and breakfast accommodation. See our Star Graded Harare accommodation page.
Be sure to check our other Special Categories for pet friendly accommodation, or conference accommodation in Harare, wedding venues in Harare, sleeps 10 or more persons, etc. etc. in and near Harare.
Afrikaans alternate search phrase - Harare akommodasie or Harare akomodasie.