Situated in Struisbaai, near Cape Agulhas, lies in the picturesque Cape Overberg region, a mere two hour, relaxing drive from Cape Town.
The Boardwalk is a modern complex, just 100 metres from the beach, which sleeps six people.
This fully tiled unit consists of a self-catering kitchen, flowing into a spacious open plan dining and lounge area, with a perfect view of the beach and bay almost on your doorstep. The relaxing lounge area comes complete with TV, DVD Player and DSTV. An additional fee will be charged for DSTV.
The kitchen is equipped with fridge/freezer, hob and oven, microwave and dishwater to make your stay ultra comfortable.
The Boardwalk has one main double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, where the same spectacular beach and bay view is available. Two additional rooms each with two single beds share a second bathroom.
Bed linen and bath towels are provided, but guests are requested to provide their own beach towels.
A lock up garage ensures the safety of your vehicle.
No smoking is permitted and unfortunately no pets are allowed.
Local facilities and things to do:
A winding boardwalk links the complex to a restaurant merely 100 metres away, as well as to the pristine, sandy beach and harbour. Purchase the catch of the day from the local fishermen at the harbour, or try your hand at catching your own. Fresh seafood is a specialty of the harbour restaurant.
Whale watching between the months of June and December hails as one of the main attractions of this area. View whales, and occasionally dolphins and seals from the beach or join one of the available charters.
Nearby Cape Agulhas, the southernmost tip of Africa, is where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet. Visit the red-and-white lighthouse at Cape Agulhas, one of the oldest working lighthouses in South Africa. Built in 1848, it is now a National Monument.
Restaurants are abundant, with two merely 200 metres from The Boardwalk. A range of others, offering a variety of local specialties are within walking distance.
Local shopping facilities are also located within walking distance.
More local attractions:
- Touchies rugby championships, local art shows and Christmas church services within 10 metres of your doorstep
- Kite-sailing, kayaking and a range of beach activities
- Charter fishing trips from the local harbour
- Horse riding on the beach
- Trans Agulhas Race between Christmas and New Year
- de Mond and de Hoop Nature Reserves
- Shipwreck route - a 2 to 3-day walking trail
- Little town of Elim, with outstanding wine farms in the area
- Shipwreck Museum in nearby Bredasdorp
- Spectacular views and caves at Arniston/Waenhuiskrans