Gwenor's Menage is a large, charming, spacious and homely beach retreat,
perfect for family holidays. It is situated on a prime beachfront site in the
wonderful South Coast town of Ramsgate.
Immediately in front of the house is a tidal rock pool which is ideal for
both children & adults to laze in and when the beach, sea, sand and wind get the
better of you, there is a secluded, protected swimming pool for your enjoyment.
Gwenor's Menage sleeps 10 people. There are five, tastefully decorated rooms, a
double bed in the main room with its own bathroom. All the other rooms have two
single beds per room
The spacious lounge & dining area has uninterrupted sea views, with sliding
doors leading out to a covered patio and then onto an open veranda, which has a
built-in braai area, where you can quench your thirst, enjoy the sea breeze and
magnificent ocean view where dolphins and whales are often sighted. The house is
not equipped with a TV, etc. but has got a satellite dish installed, and you are
more than welcome to either hire equipment or bring along your own.
The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you will need, together with a
stove, microwave oven, a combination fridge/freezer and an additional chest
freezer. There is also an industrial washing machine. There are enough glasses,
crockery and cutlery for 12 persons. Groceries can be purchased from one of the
many supermarkets in the area namely Spar; Pick 'n Pay and Checkers. There is
also a Woolworths at nearby Shelly Centre.
The property is semi walled with an electric fence and the house is secured with
an alarm system which is linked to a security company. There is a double lock-up
garage with plenty of extra parking within the walled/fenced portion of the
Our house keeper lives on the property and will service the house daily to make
your stay more enjoyable.
There is a promenade which runs along the beach and is ideal for a stroll or a
jog To the north, and a short drive away, is both Ramsgate Main Beach, which has
Blue Flag status and a short walk away is Ski Boat Bay beach, ideal for swimming
& surfing. A 10 minute walk to the south, along the beach, will bring you
toSouthbroom Main Beach and lagoon renowned for swimming, surfing and canoeing.
Our beautiful stretch of coast has something for everyone, stunning beaches,
many top class golf courses, excellent restaurants and a visit to the Waffle
House is a must! For those in need of some retail therapy, Shelley Centre is
only a 20 minute drive away and has cinemas and many of the leading chain
The Margate airport is just 10 minutes away and Durban International Airport is
1 hour away.
1. Any booking cancelled the terms of payment will apply.
2. If we are able to re-let the accommodation the difference will apply and that amount will be refunded less an administration fee.
Arrival & Departure Times
Out of season: Arrival time 2 p.m. Departure time 10.00 a.m.
In Season: Arrival time 4 p.m. Departure time 10.00 a.m.
All arrival and departure times negotiable subject to existing bookings and will be specified in the confirmation of the booking.
Terms Of Payment
1. 25% non refundable deposit on confirmation of booking.
2. A balance of 3 non-refundable payments are made in equal distribution until a week prior to arrival date.
3. Should a booking be made less then 3 months in advance then a 50% non refundable deposit on confirmation and a non refundable balance of payment a week prior to arrival. A breakage deposit will be applied to all bookings.
1. NO all males parties allowed
2. NO student parties allowed
3. NO all adult parties allowed
4. NO dogs allowed
5. NO smoking allowed in the house
6. NO more than the specified amount of peoples booked for are allowed ie even if a child shares the bed with an adult it is counted as a person.