Thanda Vista is an exclusive Bed & Breakfast establishment just minutes from the white sandy beaches of Plett (Plettenberg Bay) on South Africa's Garden Route coast.
South Africa boasts many beautiful places - and we believe that Plettenberg Bay is the most beautiful of all. That's why we've called our house "Thanda Vista". Thanda is a widely used word for "Love" in the African languages.
Watch whales while you breakfast, stroll down to the lagoon, relax on Plett's pristine, quiet beaches (Poortjies Beach is a mere 300 metres from our front door), or head out for a round of golf on any one of the Garden Route's championship courses - or any other of the many activities available in the area - and come home at the end of the day to Thanda Vista.
Intimate, exclusive and private, Thanda Vista offers 5 luxury en-suite bedrooms. A guest lounge with library, music centre and desk-top computer (with free Wi-Fi broadband Internet access); a breakfast room with magnificent views of the Bay; roof-top terraces for fantastic whale watching; and on-site parking.
Long-time Plett residents JP and Petro van der Walt welcome you to Thanda Vista - and we promise that, with our intimate knowledge of the area, you'll find there's so much to do you'll want to stay forever.
- From Knysna/Cape Town, follow N2 through traffic circle at Shell Ultra City.
- Continue towards Port Elizabeth.
- TURN RIGHT into BEACON WAY at ENGEN Garage.
- *Go pass MARKET SQUARE on right hand side.
- TURN LEFT into ZENON STREET - at T-junction TURN LEFT into PLATO STREET.
- Pass over ONE (1) speed hump and TURN LEFT into BIRD STREET and you will find 8 SUSAN STREET "THANDA VISTA" in front of you at the T-junction.
From Port Elizabeth towards Plettenberg Bay, TURN LEFT at the ENGEN garage into BEACON WAY *and follow the same directions pass MARKET SQUARE.