Please note sedan vehicles cannot access the road to Ponta Thatch.Welcome to Ponta Thatch!
Ponta do Ouro Mozambique is one of the most popular holiday destinations in Mozambique, and is only a 5 hour drive from Durban, 3.5 hours from Richards Bay, and a mere 8 hour drive if you’re traveling from Johannesburg. Come and swim with wild dolphins, scuba dive, snorkel, try the delicious Mozambican cuisine at many local restaurants in Ponta, and on the 4x4 road to Ponta Molongane, or just laze around on the beach, the choice is yours!
Self Catering Accommodation
Ponta Thatch is an upmarket 6 sleeper home in an ideal getaway location, situated 850 metres from the main beach in Ponta.
It also has 2 brand new 4 sleeper thatched bungalows. All are air-conditioned.
Accommodation in Ponta do Ouro, Mozambique
- Both brand new bungalows are furnished for self catering
- Each bungalow has 2 bedrooms
- Sleeps 4 per bungalow
- Mozzie nets
- TV and DSTV dish installed.
- Communal braai facilities
The main thatched house sleeps 6 people, and consists of 2 air-conditioned bedrooms with double beds, mozzie nets and an on suite shower, toilet and basin. There is also an open plan loft above the kitchen which has 2 single beds, an overhead fan and mozzie nets. The upstairs bathroom services both the room and loft with 2 separate lockable entrances.
- Bar with mini bar fridge
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Tv and dish installed
- Large verandah with braai
- All travelers require passports, unabridged birth certificates for children is also a must.
- Original vehicle registration papers or certified bank document needed.
- No shark nets.
- No vehicles permitted on the beach unless launching a boat with permits.
- Avoid driving at night.
- Respect the local people and laws.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Keep valuables safe at all times
- air conditioner (all units)
- bar fridge (some units)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- communal pool
- DSTV (bring card and decoder)
- DSTV in communal area (bring card)
- DSTV in room (bring card)
- DTSV in unit (bring card)
- electronic safe
- fishing (less than 3km)
- flat screen TV
- Fly fishing
- fridge in unit
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- lock-up safe
- microwave in unit
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- restaurant (less than 300m)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- restaurant (walking distance)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- wi-fi / hotspot
Take the road to the right of the Ponta main beach entrance (boom gate), follow the road up to the top of the hill and take the second road left. Next crossroad turn left, take next turn to the left, thatched home on the left.
- Payment Methods
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Sorry, Credit cards not accepted
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
4941 page views since 29 Jan, 2018. Last updated on 30 Apr, 2019.