Nick's Seaside Rest offers self catering accommodation as well as genuine South African hospitality in Bloubergstrand village, in Cape Town, just a stone's throw away from one of the most beautiful beaches on the South African coast line. Ideal for the discerning traveler, with many of our guests returning several times.
Only 20 kilometres outside of Cape Town's main business district, Bloubergstrand is situated in the ideal place close to the main wine routes and the coast.
Nick's Seaside Rest is situated within 60 metres of the sea shore, a short walk to the surrounding restaurants and a few steps further to 'Big Bay', the world famous surfers and wind surfers paradise.
The property is located in an upmarket and quiet residential area. Although there's an obscured view of the ocean from the lounge of this semi-detached house, you will enjoy walking along the beach, taking in breathtaking sunsets, jogging along the landscaped beach front, or just lazing in the sun. During September/ October whales can be seen in the Bay. Spectacular wild spring flowers can be seen in the area during August and September.
Nick's Seaside Rest is attached to a private home and two types of non-smoking accommodation are offered: A semi-detached house and a studio apartment.
The two units are managed separately and may not be rented in combination to the same group of guests.
Both units are thoroughly cleaned and sanitised before the arrival of new guests.
Uncapped WiFi and DStv premium package, as well as an electronic wall safe and beach towels are provided in both units.
The semi-detached house, on split levels, is fully furnished, has three bedrooms, sleeps 5 (including children of all ages), and has two bathrooms (one full bathroom with toilet and second one with shower & washbasin) plus a separate toilet with basin. Main bedroom with double bed; second bedroom with two single beds OR a converted king size bed; third bedroom with one single bed. Spacious lounge and separate dining room (double volume). Large kitchen with
crockery and cutlery, stove, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, dishwasher, kettle and toaster. Linens and towels are provided. Spacious sheltered patio and garden for outdoor living; Portable/mobile barbecue. Private entrance and driveway.
The studio apartment is fully furnished, sleeps two persons, and has a bedroom area (with double bed) cum lounge/dining area, separate bathroom (shower, washbasin and toilet) and separate kitchenette. The kitchenette is equipped with a Salton mini stove, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, kettle and crockery and cutlery. Electronic wall safe. Linens and towels are provided. Portable/mobile barbecue. Private entrance and driveway.
Secure parking for three cars (incl one for the studio apartment) behind large lock-up gates.
Storage space for cycles and surfing equipment. Servicing for stays longer than one week. NO SMOKING.
The property is within walking distance from good local restaurants, and also within walking distance (3 minutes) from a library. The area is well known and ideal for kite surfing, wind surfing (sail boarding), surfing and other water sports.
Frequent Express Bus Service to shopping centres, City Centre and V&A Waterfront: Bus stop 100 metres from the house.
The following attractions are located within reasonable distances:
- 5 to 15 minutes from shopping malls, major banks, a hospital, cinemas, video outlets, golf courses, gymnasium with squash and indoor pool facilities, Rietvlei protected wetlands and to the Sanccob Rehabilitation Centre for penguins and coastal birds.
- 15 minutes from Ratanga Junction amusement park and adjacent Canal Walk shopping mall, the largest on the African continent.
- 25 to 30 minutes from Cape Town International Airport, the city centre, popular Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and Two Oceans Aquarium, the Cape Town International Conference Centre and the Table Mountain cable car station.
- 30 to 40 minutes to Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens and numerous world class wine estates.
- 45 minutes to the Boulders African Penguin natural conservation area at Simonstown and Cape Point.
- About one hour: West Coast National Park which hosts 250 bird species and where spectacular wild spring flowers bloom in August and September.