Nick's Seaside Rest
Situated in Bloubergstrand village, in Cape Town, a stone's throw away from one of the most beautiful beaches on the South African coast line, you will find this holiday retreat. Ideal for the discerning traveler, "Nick's Seaside Rest" offers self catering accommodation as well as genuine South African hospitality. Many of our guests have come back several times.
Only 20 kilometres outside of Cape Town's main business district, Bloubergstrand is situated in the ideal place close to the main wine routes and the coast.
Nick's Seaside Rest is situated within 60 metres of the sea shore, a short walk to the surrounding restaurants and a few steps further to 'Big Bay', the world famous surfers and wind surfers paradise.
The property is located in an upmarket and quiet residential area. Although there's an obscured view of the ocean from the lounge of this semi-detached house, you will enjoy walking along the beach, taking in breathtaking sunsets, jogging along the landscaped beach front, or just lazing in the sun. During September/ October whales can be seen in the Bay. Spectacular wild spring flowers can be seen in the area during August and September.
Nick's Seaside Rest is attached to a private home and two types of non-smoking accommodation are offered: A semi-detached house and a studio.
The semi-detached house, on split levels, is fully furnished, has three bedrooms, sleeps 5 (including children of all ages), and has two bathrooms (one full bathroom with toilet and second one with shower & washbasin) plus a separate toilet with basin. Main bedroom with double bed; second bedroom with two single beds OR a converted king size bed; third bedroom with one single bed. Spacious lounge and separate dining room (double volume). Large kitchen with
crockery and cutlery, stove, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, dishwasher, kettle and toaster. Satellite TV with DStv premium package. Electronic wall safe. Linens and towels are provided. Spacious sheltered patio and garden for outdoor living; Portable/mobile barbecue. Private entrance and driveway.
The studio is fully furnished, sleeps two persons, and has a bedroom area (with double bed) cum lounge/dining area, separate bathroom (shower, washbasin and toilet) and separate kitchenette.
The kitchenette is equipped with a Salton mini stove, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, kettle and crockery and cutlery. Satellite TV with DStv Access package. Electronic wall safe. Linens and towels are provided.
Portable/mobile barbecue. Private entrance and driveway.
Secure parking for three cars (incl one for the studio apartment) behind large lock-up gates.
Storage space for cycles and surfing equipment. Beach towels provided on request. Servicing for stays longer than one week. NO SMOKING.
The property is within walking distance from good local restaurants, and also within walking distance (3 minutes) from a library. The area is well known and ideal for kite surfing, wind surfing (sail boarding), surfing and other water sports.
Frequent Express Bus Service to shopping centres, City Centre and V&A Waterfront: Bus stop 100 metres from the house.
The following attractions are located within reasonable distances:
- 5 to 15 minutes from shopping malls, major banks, a hospital, cinemas, video outlets, golf courses, gymnasium with squash and indoor pool facilities, Rietvlei protected wetlands and to the Sanccob Rehabilitation Centre for penguins and coastal birds.
- 15 minutes from Ratanga Junction amusement park and adjacent Canal Walk shopping mall, the largest on the African continent.
- 25 to 30 minutes from Cape Town International Airport, the city centre, popular Victoria & Alfred Waterfront and Two Oceans Aquarium, the Cape Town International Conference Centre and the Table Mountain cable car station.
- 30 to 40 minutes to Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens and numerous world class wine estates.
- 45 minutes to the Boulders African Penguin natural conservation area at Simonstown and Cape Point.
- About one hour: West Coast National Park which hosts 250 bird species and where spectacular wild spring flowers bloom in August and September.
- airport (34kms)
- Braai / Barbeque facilities
- car hire (less than 20km)
- DSTV in communal area
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- free parking
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- No smoking in rooms
- parking all onsite
- restaurants close by
- tea / coffee making facilities
- washing machine in unit
DIRECTIONS: From Cape Town International Airport:
- Take N2 Highway (Settlers Way) towards Cape Town for ± 10km.
- Take M5 offramp to Milnerton (this becomes Koeberg Road).
- Travel along Koeberg Road for ± 10km, passing over the N1 Highway, following the signs to Milnerton, and then Bloubergstrand.
- Just past Caltex refinery (right hand side of Koeberg Road) turn left into the M14 (this is Blaauwberg Road).
- Travel along Blaauwberg Road for ± 5 km all the way to the beach.
- At the end of the road (beach front), turn right into Marine Drive (still M14).
- Travel ± 2km along Marine Drive.
- Turn Left into "Sir David Baird Drive".
- Our property is the first face brick house at No 11.