|Address:||341 Bushpig Street
Kruger Park Area
Needles Lodge is in Marloth Park which is situated near the southern part of the Kruger National Park.
Car hire is available through most reputable car rentals located at the airport.
Needles Lodge is 4 star graded lodge that offers eight beautifully appointed bedrooms, each with its own character and atmosphere and all the luxuries to ensure a comfortable stay out in the bush.
Every room enjoys air-conditioning and is equipped with ceiling fans; bathrooms are en-suite offering extra-large baths as well as separate showers.
The decor has been tastefully chosen to ensure that you feel completely relaxed and with all the comforts of home.
With the lounge, dining and entertainment area located in the centre of the lodge, the rooms stretch out on either side and are joined by wooden decks that converge on the central deck and patio.
Each room has large sliding doors that open out onto a wooden deck and the bush directly before it. From your bed, you can enjoy views out into the bush and the numerous game that regularly frequents the area.
Please note that all rates are inclusive of dinner, bed and breakfast.
Lodge Facilities & Services
The central lounge and entertainment area at Needles Lodge extends out onto a large outside deck surrounding the trunk of a giant Marula tree.
Under the shade of the giant Marula, guests can relax with views of the bush or simply drop into the swimming pool located adjacent to the outside entertainment deck. All rooms are air-conditioned and have ceiling fans. Bathrooms en-suite with oversized bath and separate standing showers Central living and entertainment area. A fully stocked licenced bar and walk-in climate controlled wine cellar ensure guests have a wide choice of beverages Outside entertainment deck and swimming pool. A full, hearty breakfast is served daily and lunch and dinner are arranged to your preference with prior notice. Picnic hampers can be arranged on request. TV with DStv satellite, including a choice of sports channels, Discovery Channel, CNN, Sky and BBC. Extensive library of magazines, books, historic and safari coffee table books. Internet and email access. Fax and telephone facilities. Same day laundry services. Hair dryers on request. Selection of music CD's, DVD's and games. A wide variety of other leisure activities can be arranged.
South Africa is famous for its fine food and wine. In particular, Mpumalanga, famous for its beef, so you will savour some of the best braais and roasts in the country. With the choice of delicious South African wines from the 450 bottle wine cellar your enjoyment is guaranteed.
Needles will be happy to cater to your specific weaknesses so be sure to place your order in advance for some of the most mouth-watering seafood and meat dishes.
Breakfast and dinner is served daily but guests may also enjoy lunch or dinner (prepared and served with prior notice) either in the open plan kitchen and dining room or alternatively, outside on the deck under the shade of the giant Marula tree.
We organise trips into the Maputo, Swaziland, the Panoramic Route as well as night drives into the park. Our ranger is one of the most experienced in the game and is highly rated.
Activities include: Morning walks, sunrise drives, sunset drives, night drives and full day game drives available daily in the Kruger Park. Tiger fishing on the Komati River. Day trips to Maputo. Day trips to Swaziland. Day trips to Panoramic Route.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- Directions from Johannesburg: Drive on the N4 highway towards the town of Nelspruit. As you are entering Nelspruit, follow the signage through the town towards Malelane and the Mozambique border. As you pass through the center of Malelane, continue on the N4 road for about 29km and then turn LEFT at the clearly marked sign for MARLOTH PARK. Continue on the dirt road for about 5km until you come to the entrance to Marloth Park. On entering MARLOTH PARK and passing through the gates, travel for another 1,5km and turn RIGHT into SOETDORING AVE and following this dirt road for another 300 METERS before veering off to your left into BUSH PIG AVE. Finally, follow BUSHPIG AVE for another 200 METERS and you will arrive at NEEDLES LODGES on the right hand side of the road.
- Directions from Mozambique: As you come through the Komatiepoort border post, follow the N4 for about 25km and then turn RIGHT at the MARLOTH PARK sign and follow the directions as above.
- Directions by Air: For travelers who choose to fly into JOHANNESBURG INTERNATIONAL Airport, you can connect on a domestic flight to the new NELSPRUIT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, where on arrival the lodge can arrange to pick you up.
- Bed Configuration
- double (Sleeps 2) x 4
- Room 1 - king
- Twin Suite (Sleeps 4) x 2
- Room 1 - twin
- Room 2 - twin
- air conditioner (all units)
- airport transfers
- bar/cocktail lounge
- big game (less than 30km)
- big game onsite
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- dishwasher onsite
- DSTV in communal area
- game drives (less than 30km)
- game drives onsite
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- tumble dryer onsite
- Special Categories
- Star Graded Accommodation
Needles Lodge appears in the following sections:
Marloth Park Game Reserve And Bush Lodge Accommodation • Marloth Park Bed & Breakfast Accommodation • Marloth Park Star Graded Accommodation • Kruger Park Game Reserve And Bush Lodge Accommodation • Kruger Park Bed & Breakfast Accommodation • Kruger Park Star Graded Accommodation