Meermin Cottage is a newly completed executive,Cape St. Francis, 125 kilometres from Port Elizabeth airport; the gateway to the Eastern Cape Garden Route.
It has spectacular views of the Irma Booysen nature reserve, the village and the sea from the lounge and sun porch.
A two minute walk brings you to a lookout point above kilometres of sandy beach and the bay stretching from Cape St. Francis lighthouse to Shark point.
The lighthouse is a national monument built in 1878 and is the tallest masonry tower on the South African coast, it is well worth a visit.
Cape St. Francis is a world famous surfing destination. Other activities include fishing; on and offshore, all forms of water sport, sand boarding, horse riding, guided nature walks, canal and river cruises and lazy summer beach days.
Meermin Cottage sleeps 5; the master bedroom has a double bed and a single bed for a young child. There are two single beds in the TV lounge. It has a bathroom with a shower and a fully equipped kitchen. The wood and glass enclosed sun porch has a dining area and lounge with spectacular views. By law the cottage is a non smoking facility. In the outdoor area there is sun court, barbeque and shower with hot water.
DStv (bring your card) is provided. Wireless ADSL coverage is available. The cottage has a separate Rapid Response Security. An extensive range of restaurants and shops are available. Cleaning and laundry services are available. Bring your own beach towels. The airfield is five kilometres by road. Airport transfers (local and Port Elizabeth) can be provided.
- airport transfers
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- beach (less than 500m)
- big game (less than 30km)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- DSTV in room (bring card)
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- hunting (less than 30km)
- internet facilities
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- nature trail onsite
- ostrich farm (less than 10km)
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- private entrance
- remote security
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- whale watching onsite
- wi-fi / hotspot
- Payment Methods
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Sorry, Credit cards not accepted
- Languages Spoken At Establishment
- Bed Configuration
- MEERMIN COTTAGE (Sleeps 5) x 1
- Room 1 - queen
- Room 2 - single, single
- Room 3 - single
- Special Categories
Conference Venue Accommodation
detailsAccommodates how many people?
Capacity : 5
The following apply
Exclusive / preferred service providers on call Restroom accessible Kitchen accessible Audio – visual equipment (request details) Food / beverage facilities for catering purposes Crockery and cutlery available for hire Catering done in-house Designated parking area Sufficient parking space Fully staffed (cleaning, servers etc.) Internet connection Wireless internet connection Air conditioning Good lighting that can be operated independently Liquor license Bar on-site A purpose-built and dedicated back entrance available for equipment loading and offloading Wheelchair friendly A specified area for coaches and buses to stop to allow delegates and guests to embark and disembark safely Dedicated storage space that can safely store event materials and equipment overnight Individual lockable storage available for storage of more valuable items