Meermin Cottage is a newly completed executive,Cape St. Francis, 125 kilometres from Port Elizabeth airport; the gateway to the Eastern Cape Garden Route.
It has spectacular views of the Irma Booysen nature reserve, the village and the sea from the lounge and sun porch.
A two minute walk brings you to a lookout point above kilometres of sandy beach and the bay stretching from Cape St. Francis lighthouse to Shark point.
The lighthouse is a national monument built in 1878 and is the tallest masonry tower on the South African coast, it is well worth a visit.
Cape St. Francis is a world famous surfing destination. Other activities include fishing; on and offshore, all forms of water sport, sand boarding, horse riding, guided nature walks, canal and river cruises and lazy summer beach days.
Meermin Cottage sleeps 5; the master bedroom has a double bed and a single bed for a young child. There are two single beds in the TV lounge. It has a bathroom with a shower and a fully equipped kitchen. The wood and glass enclosed sun porch has a dining area and lounge with spectacular views. By law the cottage is a non smoking facility. In the outdoor area there is sun court, barbeque and shower with hot water.
DStv (bring your card) is provided. Wireless ADSL coverage is available. The cottage has a separate Rapid Response Security. An extensive range of restaurants and shops are available. Cleaning and laundry services are available. Bring your own beach towels. The airfield is five kilometres by road. Airport transfers (local and Port Elizabeth) can be provided.
- airport transfers
- barbeque area
- beach (less than 500m)
- big game (less than 30km)
- Bird watching
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal and onsite
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- cycling trails
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fire extinguisher
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fridge/ freezer
- fully contained Kitchen
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- guided nature walks
- heaters in unit
- hiking (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 50km)
- hunting (less than 30km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- linen & towels provided
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- Malaria free
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- mountain biking
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- No smoking in rooms
- not serviced
- parking all onsite
- parking off-site
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- private entrance
- remote security
- restaurant (walking distance)
- Safe parking
- Serviced on demand
- Shuttle service - Local and OR Tambo International Airport
- squash court (less than 5km)
- television in communal area
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)