Lavender Trout Farm in Nottingham Road is located on the R103 on the Midlands Meander- only 3kms from Michaelhouse School and 7km from the centre of town. These 3 self-catering houses are surrounded with gorgeous views and 3 dams. All the houses are fully equipped and are provided with 100% percale linen and bath towels.
- Lavender Trout House has 3 main bedrooms (king) on- suite and a dormitory that can sleep x6. There are also 2 extra bathrooms that lead of the lounge area. This house can sleep up to 12 people and has a big lounge with a fireplace, dining area, TV Room, DSTV, reading area, quirky bar, pizza oven, Weber braai and a big veranda.
- Armstrong's Cottage has 2 bedrooms on suite. (Sleeps x4 people). It has an open plan lounge with a fireplace, DSTV, dining area, kitchen, Weber braai and a front and back veranda.
- Harvey’s House has 4 bedrooms and three bathrooms. (Sleeps x10 people). It has an open plan lounge/dining area with a fireplace, TV area with DSTV, kitchen, spacious front veranda with Weber braai.
Please Note: where possible, the configuration of beds can be changed to suit your requirements.
Facilities on the property:
- Cozy log fires in winter.
- Lovely views
- Farm animals. (selected)
- Nguni breeding herd.
- Smoking permitted outdoors only.
- Secure parking.
- Restaurants, coffee shops and eating places
- Arts and Crafts of the Meander route and Art Galleries
- Alternative fly-fishing venues , enquire at the fly fishing shop in Gowries Village (7km)
- A choice of well-known golf courses (5km+) (Gowrie/Sakabula/Boschhoek)
- Health Spa's and Wellness Centres
- The Central Drakensberg Region resorts and reserves (45min+)
- The renowned Zulu and Anglo Boer War Battlefields (60min+)
- Leading private schools (3km)
- Midmar, Wagendrift and Craigieburn Dams for watersport
- Adventure activities - Karkloof Canopy Tours; Hot Air Ballooning; Quad biking
- Horse riding and trails
- Wedding and conference venues