La Crete Sands No. 1
The complex is on the seafront road, opposite the tidal pool and next to the swimming beach.
Close to Shelly Beach, with just as many coffee shops, restaurants, shops which include Woolworths, Edgars, Game and Truworths and 3 movie theatres.
You are in walking distance from a supermarket, restaurants, coffee shop, video outlet, bottle store, post office, pharmacy, doctors' rooms, action bar/pizzeria, etc.
Type of Accommodation
This luxurious and very modern holiday apartment has a panoramic 180 degree sea view and full breaker view.
The tastefully furnished apartment sleeps six and has three bedrooms and two full bathrooms.
The sea facing main bedroom has its own satellite TV, wall safe, full bathroom and leads through sliding doors to the balcony from where you can watch the sunrise.
The unit has a large open-plan kitchen, dining room and sea facing lounge, with its own satellite TV with full premium package with Pvr decoder, that also opens with sliding doors to your own private balcony with your own braai facility, where you can enjoy a sundowner as dolphins dance through the waves, and the whales gracefully make their presence known.
The kitchen is very modern, with granite tops, and fully equipped with all the necessary utensils, microwave oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and stove, washing machine and tumble dryer.
Each room has a ceiling fan.
You have two lock-up garages, as well as trailer parking, in a secure walled complex with your own remote access and 24 hour security guards and electric fence for your peace of mind.
The pool is also walled and therefore safe for small children to roam freely in the complex.
It is a self-catering unit.
Daily tariffs include full DSTV package, TV's and and bed linen, pillows and duvets.
Should you like to tempt Lady Luck, the Wild Coast Casino is a mere 30km drive away.
During the months of June and July you may even be lucky to be part of the sardine fever, when masses of sardines are pushed onto the beach. You could even go on a boat trip and see the sardines at close range. You could sit on your balcony and watch in amazement as hundreds of birds dive into the water to get their share, and watch the dolphins playing through the surf, catching the sardines.
You are next to the most beautiful, sub-tropical beach with sunny blue skies and the warm South African Indian Ocean at your feet, which is sheltered, shark-netted and has a waterfall running into the lagoon. Definitely one of the most beautiful and sought after beaches on the KZN coast.
A holiday in Uvongo is ideal for the whole family, as there is always something to do, such as sun tanning, swimming, snorkeling, body boarding, surfing, jogging, canoeing, pleasure boating and beach fun. For the not so adventurous, you could have romantic strolls on the beach or beachcomb the rock pools for plant and sea life.
For the avid fisherman, there is a popular fishing pier, and fishing can also be done from the rocks.
The tidal pool is situated right in front of the complex, where you can do your early morning swimming exercise or just watch the kids having fun with the waves pounding over the walls.
The small craft harbour is the centre for many interesting activities at Shelly Beach: (less than 5km)
- Deep Sea Fishing (Many charter companies operate here)
- Power Rafting
- Dolphin and Whale Watching
- Scuba Diving (Launch site for Protea Banks one of the premier shark dive sites in the world)
- Sardine Run (View the sardines at close range. Main launch site for sardine viewing during June & July)
Shelly Centre: (less than 5km)
- More than 100 shops including all the major chain stores (Woolworths, Edgars, Pick 'n Pay)
- Cinema complex (keep the kids and adults happy on rainy days)
If golf is your game, enjoy some of the truly great courses in the area:
- Margate Country Club (5km)
- Port Shepstone Country Club (15km)
- Southbroom Country
- Club (20km)
- Wild Coast Country Club (30km)
Other places of interest:
- Hiking Trails and Nature Reserves
- Pure Venom Snake Park (One of the largest collections of reptiles in Africa)
- Crocodile Farm
- Craft Markets
- Wild Coast Casino and Health Spa (30km)
- Coffee Farms (The farm is open to the public with daily tours)
- Oribi Gorge Banana Express Train
- Durban International Airport - 1 and a half hours drive
- Margate Airport - 15 min drive
- Car Hire and taxis available at Margate Airport
- Microlight from Margate Airport
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Tourism Grading - 3 Stars
- airport (less than 15km)
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- fishing onsite
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- tumble dryer in unit
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine in unit