Komati River Chalets
Nestled on the confluence of the Komati and Crocodile Rivers, Komati River
Chalets is perfectly placed for those wanting to explore Eastern South Africa,
Mozambique and Swaziland. The lodge is situated on the southern border of the
world renown Kruger National Park and is the ultimate nature lovers paradise.
Both Mozambique and Swaziland are but a stones throw from the lodge providing the perfect base from which to explore both exotic destinations.
All accommodation is set on the floodplain of the Komati River no more than 50 meters from the waters edge. The riverfront is beautifully kept and guests are able to enjoy relaxing walks along the river and through the riverbank forests.
Double or Twin Chalets
No of Chalets: 14
Our double and twin chalets with private patio all have bathrooms en suite. Also provided in the chalets are the following amenities for your comfort and convenience,
No of Cottages: 3
Our family cottages have 2 separate bedrooms each with en suite bathroom. The bedrooms lead into a shared living room. Also provided in the chalets are the following amenities for your comfort and convenience,
General FacilitiesBreakfast Restaurant Swimming Pool Bar (available only to guests staying at the chalets) Reception (7 am till 10 pm) Mini volley ball, and junior jungle gym, Security fencing and night guard Parking next to your cottage.
In the Area
Komati River Chalets is ideally situated for the discerning travelers with the following attractions on your doorstep.
Over 350 species of birds are found in the area of the Southern Kruger Park. Komati River Chalets is home to all of these species with exceptional waterfowl bird watching. There are Hippopotamus and Crocodiles in the river right in front of your chalets for your viewing pleasure. Smaller mammals species found at Komati River Chalets include, Bushbuck, Duiker, Vervet Monkey's, Thick tailed Bush Babies, Banded Mongoose just to name a few.
The Komati River is home to a diverse number of fish species. The Tiger Fish is the most famous of these species because of its reputation as the worlds finest - fighting freshwater game fish. Also found in the river are various Tilapia species, the Sharp tooth catfish, Carp, yellowfish and mudfish. Guests staying at Komati River Chalets may fish at their leisure along the waterfront. For guided fishing activities please refer to the activities section of the web site
Activities at Komati River Chalets
1) Game Drives - Safaris
Opt for either full or half day game drives in the world renown Kruger National Park, Southern Africa's premier big 5 National Park. All day game drives are professionally guided in air-conditioned closed 4x4 vehicles.
3 - 4 hour safari in Kruger National Park from late afternoon through till well after dark in open game viewing vehicles. Private Game Reserve
2) Mozambique Full Day Tour
Visit Mozambique where Vasco Da Gama landed in 1498 on his way to India.
3) Swaziland Full Day TourExperience Swazi culture at the Motsamu Cultural Village. Stunning scenic drive over the Maguga Dam Wall, catch a glimpse of the Banana leaf dancers Shop at Ngwenya Glass - watch highly skilled glass blowers at work. All items are handmade from recycled glass Visit The Valley of the Kings craft markets Watch skilled locals create hand made candles at Swazi Candles where you may shop for the finished product.
4) Game Fishing Safari
Opt for either half or full day professionally guided fishing safaris by motorized boat on the Komati River. The main species targeted is the mighty tiger fish, which is known for its supreme fighting spirit and is pound for pound regarded as the premier fighting game fish in the world.
5) Other Activities Available on RequestElephant back safari Game viewing by microlight Golf Open vehicle day game drives into the Kruger National Park. Guided River Bank Fishing Sunset River Cruises
- air conditioner (all units)
- airport transfers
- big game (less than 30km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- electronic safe
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing onsite
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- kitchenette only
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- nature trail onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- restaurant onsite
- television in communal area
- television in room (non-satellite)
- tumble dryer onsite