Ironwood Lodge is rated by the TGCSA as a 3-star guest house.
The relaxed atmosphere at Ironwood is created through warm hospitality, spacious well equipped accommodation and the tranquil indigenous garden. The unspoilt beaches are a playground during the day, at night the sound of the waves is a potion for sleep.
Garden fresh fruit is served daily as part of a substantial breakfast consisting of cereals, including home made muesli, egg bacon and tomato, yoghurt, tea coffee and toast. Kitchenettes are in all the rooms but do not have stoves.
Local restaurants offers a wide range of dining options. We specialize in FRESH seafood served with 3 or 4 fresh home cooked vegetables. Traditional recipes complete our menu. As we do not cook and freeze, our evening menu range is limited.
All 9 units are sea facing and have spectacular sea views. Warren's and Clinton's Rooms have views partially interrupted by trees. The 5 downstairs units have covered patio and private gardens, the 4 upstairs units have private covered terraces. In all the units the bedroom area is separate from the kitchen/lounge area. A sliding door leads to the covered outdoor area. All are en-suite, air-conditioned and serviced daily by cheerful staff. Tea, coffee and a hair dryer are provided. We do not provide beach towels. All of our rooms have OVHD decoders with a range of 20 channels. Should you prefer to have more choice, you are welcome to bring your own decoder.
We have no rules regulating coming and going as we enjoy seeing guests feel at home. We do request they take other guests into consideration and that they smoke in the covered patio/terrace outside each unit. However if food is eaten on the bed and the duvet is stained full replacement value is charged to the bill, this is not negotiable.
- Jean's Room: bath, single shower, queen-size bed and 2 couch beds if needed. 41 sq meters.
- Victor's Room: bath, double shower, queen-size bed and 2 couch beds if needed. 51 sq meters.
- Caron's Room: 2 bedrooms with queen-size bed in one 2 single beds in the other, single shower. 55 sq meters.
- Jim's Room: 2 bedrooms with queen-size bed in one and 2 single beds in the other, single shower. 55 sq meters.
- Marion's Room: double shower, queen-size bed,1 couch bed if needed. 41 sq meters.
- Sidney's Room: full bathroom, 2 single beds and 2 couch beds if needed. 55 sq meters.
- Warren's Room: single shower, queen size bed. 34 sq meters.
- Clinton's Room: single shower, queen-size bed and 2 single beds in the same bedroom. 49 sq meters.
- Nan's Room: single shower, queen size bed. 34 sq meters.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- Tourism Grading - 3 Stars
- air conditioner (all units)
- air conditioner (some units)
- bar fridge
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- ceiling fans
- conference venue onsite
- cycling trails
- DSTV (bring card and decoder)
- DTSV in unit (bring card)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fishing onsite
- Free Wi Fi
- free WiFi
- fridge in unit
- Full English breakfast served in the dining room daily
- gas braai / barbecue
- golf (less than 5km)
- hair dryer
- internet facilities
- kitchenette (some units)
- kitchenette only
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave (some units)
- microwave in unit
- Open View HD Satellite TV
- outdoor pool
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- private entrance - outside rooms
- restaurant (less than 2km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- restaurant (walking distance)
- Secure parking with individual remotes and keys
- shark cage diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- whale watching onsite
- wheelchair friendly
- wi-fi / hotspot