Guests towing a CARAVAN or a BOAT will have ample PARKING space
BIRD WATCHERS: MARIEVALE SANCTUARY (20KM AWAY)... one of the 3 best in the world...
HOEP-HOEP: Sleeps 4-6
KIEWIET: Sleeps 3
KRAAINES: Sleeps 3
HOUTKAPPER: Sleeps 2
VINKNES: Sleeps 1-2
Wheel chair friendly entrances. Bathroom NOT adjusted.
Nestled at the foot of the Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve, your hosts Slappie and Margaret du Plessis look forward to welcome you to Hoep-Hoep Farmstay.
Expect lazy afternoons and quiet, crystal clear nights.
One large room with a double bed and single bed with en-suite bathroom (old Victorian bath, shower, basin and toilet).
A second single bed seperate; bathroom to share. Towels are supplied. An open plan lounge, equipped kitchenette and living room with TV, leave you with plenty space to relax. Breakfasts are served in the lounge. Braai facilities are available.
A wooden cabin with one single bed with en-suite shower, basin and toilet. Towels supplied. Outside braai facilities. And TV
Kraaines and Kiewiet
Beautifully spacious units and fully equipped.
A wooden cabin. A lovely experience.
With the growing interest in bird watching, Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve (15km) and Marievale sanctuary (20km) offer ideal spots. Of course our own farm have their unique variety, Crested barbet, black collared barbet, red billed wood hoopoe, spotted dikkop.
Game Viewing in the Suikerbosrand, having a picnic at one of the lovely spots provided (picnic baskets are available on request) brings you in touch with nature.
Historic Heidelberg has many amenities: the historical stone constructed church (Klipkerk), the Triumvirate monument, the old jail, the "bakoond", A.G. Visser house, the Diepkloof farm museum, Copper butterfly sanctuary.
Our local pubs and restaurants offer anything from fine French cuisine to a plain hamburger- the choice is yours!
Come as a stranger, leave as a friend!!!
Hartlik welkom, welcome, Herzlich willkomen, nous te bienvenue.
- Airport transport
- Braai facilities
- Exercise facilities (6km)
- Game drives (20km)
- Professional hunter and tour guide available
- Golf, squash court, tennis court (6km)
- Shaded parking on site
- Medical facilities (5km)
- 4x4 - trail and quad bike trail (20km)
- Paint ball (2km)
- Vaaldam (40km)
- Antique shop (5km)
- Jewellery and pearl stringing factory (5km)
- Old fashioned sweets shop
- Karan beef - largest beef studs in SA (20km)
- airport transfers
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- hunting (less than 30km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- parking all onsite
- private airfield (less than 15km)
- private entrance
- radio in room
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tennis court (less than 5km)
GPS: S 26. 30' 40"
E 28. 19' 28.3"
From Oliver Thambo [JHB International]
- Take the high way to Johannesburg.
- Look out for the N3 sign towards HEIDELBERG / DURBAN
- Follow the high way until you see the sign HEIDELBERG NORTH
- Turn LEFT on off ramp. At stop turn LEFT, go over the N3 to a stop, turn LEFT again towards Heidelberg.
- Follow the road till you go under a BRIDGE. Take the LEFT off ramp. [ R42 / VEREENIGING ROAD]
- At the stop, turn RIGHT on the R42 follow the road to a 4way stop. Go over and follow the road for 3.5 km.
- On the left hand will be a sign BOSCHFONTEIN. Opposite the sign turn RIGHT and immediately RIGHT again, so that you are parallel with the R42. HOEP-HOEP sign on the corner.
- Follow the road for 1.2 km. Hoep-Hoep on the left. For Vinknes go through the main gate towards the garages.
- Follow the N3 towards Johannesburg and take the FIRST off ramp: Heidelberg South.
- Follow the road until you see a sign R42 and take the off ramp to the LEFT.
- Turn LEFT towards a 4way stop. and after 3.5 km look out for the BOSCHFONTEIN sign on the left.
- Turn RIGHT AND IMMEDIATELY RIGHT again. Hoep- Hoep sign on the corner.
- follow the road for 1.2km.
- Hoep- Hoep on the left.
A GPS does not pick up the 2ND right turn... just look out for the HOEP-HOEP
signs in yellow.