Family Tides Cottage
This comfortable cottage has just been renovated, brand new pool and extended veranda to relax and enjoy the view and sound of the ocean. Lovely level grassed area in front, for garden cricket etc.
Southport Blue Flag main beach is just 500m to the right, which has a lovely tidal pool for the kiddies and designated swimming zone with lifeguards. Alternatively, there is a natural tidal pool at low tide almost directly in front of the cottage. (150m)
This is a very large cottage and comfortably caters 6 adults and 6 children:
- Main bedroom has queen bed. Cotton percale linen and feather pillows supplied.
- Second bedroom has queen bed. Cotton percale linen and feather pillows supplied.
- Third bedroom has double bed. Cotton percale linen and feather pillows supplied.
- Fourth bedroom / extra large family room has 2 x bunk beds and 2 x single beds.
There is a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and laundry with washing machine and tumble dryer.
Renovated bathroom with toilet and separate loo and shower room.
The lounge has a new flat screen TV, you can bring your flash stick or DSTV decoder (standard or exporer) - it is set up for both, and DSTV card. Fee Wi-Fi is available.
The property is fully secured, and monitored by Lazer 911. There is an alarm system with outside beams, fenced with palisade and electric strands. The gate is automated.
There is plenty of space for inside gated parking and double garage. Only one step to the veranda, the entire house is one level.
- 150m walk to the beach.
- 450m from Southport Blue Flag main beach (with lifeguards, 7am - 7pm everyday).
- Brand new pool to wallow in on those hot summer days.
- Braai / barbecue on site.
- Pool net.
- Plenty of parking onsite and off site.
- Private entrance.
- Maid can be arranged at extra cost.
- Free Wi-Fi.
Nearby Shops / Attractions:
- The Golf Coast (the South Coast is known for the many golf courses available).
- Abington Kwik Spar - 6.8km.
- Superette / garage / bottle store - 250m.
- Port Shepstone - 8km.
- Shelly Centre Mall - 18km.
- Wild Coast Sun - 60km.
- Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve (zip line / swing / abseiling ect.) - 38km.
- Sardine run and whale watching (June – Sept).
Not Supplied / Permited:
- No Bulls parties / Male only groups
- Pets by prior arrangement
- No smoking (only on the veranda, not inside).
- Please bring bath and beach towels.
- Please remember to bring bin bags, dish washing liquid, and toilet paper.
- beach (less than 500m)
- Braai / Barbeque facilities
- lock-up garage
- parking all onsite
- tumble dryer in unit
Travel south on the N2, turn left on the Hibberdene turn off (exit 72) onto the R102 and carry on south. You will travel for 15.8km until you get to the robots at the Total Garage, turn left into Watsonia Dr, you will pass a Superette and some small shops, at the first 4-way stop go straight, at the second 4-way stop go straight, at the T-Junction turn left onto a dirt road and it’s the third house on the left.
Directions from Margate side:
Travel north on the N2, pass Port Shepstone and take exit 51 turn off and turn right onto Rethman Dr (4km). Travel all the way to the T-Juction, turn left onto the R102 and carry on north. You will travel for 4.8km until you get to the robots at the Total Garage, turn right into Watsonia Dr, you will pass a Superette and some small shops, at the first 4-way stop go straight, at the second 4-way stop go straight, at the T-Junction turn left onto a dirt road and it’s the third house on the left.
Silindile will open for you. Please give her a call/ text when you leave Durban or about an hour away, which will give her enough time to meet you there. Also, if you could please let me know a few days prior your estimated arrival time. Just a rough idea is fine, if unsure, e.g. early/ late afternoon.