Die Pophuis Hoekie
"Die Pophuis Hoekie" is an owner managed cluster of 7 air conditioned, restored Karoo cottages and 3 en suite units- all enwalled and brightly lit up at night, with ample safe parking and plenty of space to stretch your legs after a long journey. Security guard on duty on premises every day FROM 7pm -7am.
We are situated in the Great Karoo on the N12,(not so many trucks!!) nearly half way between Johannesburg and Cape Town via Kimberley, 61km north of Three Sisters Ultra City.
All our cottages are self-catering accommodation, each its own entrance with ornamental vine pergola providing the necessary shade in summer and ample sun in winter. Each cottage also has braai facilities.
We are pet friendly!
Strictly No Smoking in cottages.
Kom ervaar egte Karoo gasvryheid by Die Pophuis Hoekie!
Ensuite units: Please Note: These units are not fully self catering.
- Net-slaap sleeps 2
- Gangkamer (double bed bedroom with a low bunkerbed for kids and a bathroom with shower)
- Stoepkamer (2 x twinbeds or can be made into king size bed. Bathroom has bath and shower)
They all have their own entrances from the stoep-with braai facilities, coffee/ tea facilities/ microwave/ fridge and DSTV.
- Kalbassie sleeps 3
- Pondokkie sleeps 4
- Tokkelossie sleeps 5/6
- Kardoesie sleeps 4 (2 bathrooms)
- Makkedas sleeps 4/5
- Pophuis sleeps 5
- Pampoentjie sleeps 7/8 (2 bathrooms)
Linen and towels
Ceiling fans/Panel heaters
Fridge, Microwave, stove/electric frying pan
Coffee, teas, milk, sugar, rusks.
DSTV in cottages/unit
NC.Regional Museum - 700m
Hiking trails -500m
ATM: FNB & Standard Bank- 600m;
Spar: - 1.1km
Restaurants: Merino Restaurant - 1.1 km, Die Turksvy Padstal - 1.1km
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Highly Recommended
- air conditioner (some units)
- airport (less than 15km)
- babysitting service
- bar fridge
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- DSTV in room
- golf (less than 5km)
- hunting (less than 30km)
- internet facilities
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities onsite
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- parking all onsite
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- rock art (less than 20km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities