"Cooks Cove" beach cottage consists of 3 and half bedrooms, two full bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen, dining room, TV lounge, games room, fullyfenced property protected by electric fencing, plus double garage and double carport. It sleeps 6 adults, bunk beds suitable for children.
Non smoking cottage interior.
Bedrooms: Main bedroom has queen bed and BIC with lockable safe and dressing table
Second bedroom has king-sized bed (two single beds which can be separated), with BIC and dressing table
Third bedroom has 1 single, 1 double and bunk beds (bunks suitable for children only) - bunks can be separated by curtains. Has BIC and chest of drawers
Ceiling fans /standing fan in all rooms
Bathrooms: both have a bath and separate shower (not over the bath).
Bath and beach towels provided.
Kitchen: fully equipped, stove, fridge with top freezer, and microwave
Dining room: 6-seater, but can seat 8 by adding side table
TV area: TV and DSTV with compact bouquet. Please bring own Sim card for additional coverage. DVD and CD player. No internet facilities.
Parking: Double lock-up garage, one side 2,3m high, suitable for large SUV / 4x4, plus covered carport for two cars behind locked gate and electric fencing.
Fully walled with state of the art security: beams, burglar alarm and electric fencing.
Wheelchair and pet friendly.
- Blue Flag main swimming beach 100m from cottage with shark nets and lifeguards on duty daily
- Safe tidal pool located at main swimming beach
- No dogs allowed on main bathing beach but you can relax either side of main beach with dogs and take lovely long walks north and south along beach
- Restaurants: Captain’s Anchor within walking distance of cottage, Jaxx and Schooners at Abingdon Centre Umtentweni, 6km
- Closest shops: Superette with basics in Southport, 5 minutes walk; Sayidi Farm stall for veg, farm milk etc 3km; Spar at Umtentwini (6km); Pick n Pay in Port Shepstone (9km); Shelly Centre mall (19km) with movie theatre etc
- Laundromat 6km away in Sea Park
Golf Club in Port Shepstone, 7,5km
Bowls: in Southport, in Southport, visitors welcome, Bowling Club is 5 minute walk; Tabs-in Wednesday and Saturday at 13h30.
Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve and restaurants 38km, approx. 1-hour drive. Swing through the Gorge - an adrenaline rush!
Pure Venom snake park near Margate, 24km
Casino at Port Edward, 60km
See information button below for more places of interest nearby.
Serviced daily, except Thursdays and Sundays. Housekeeper on site.
Full refund of deposit if cancellation done in writing 90 days prior to arrival.
50% of deposit 60 - 90 days
20% of deposit 30 - 60 days
No refund 0 - 30 days
Arrival & Departure Times
Arrival time 15:00 unless pre-arranged
Departure time 10:00 unless pre-arranged
Terms Of Payment
Minimum deposit of R1,000.00 or 25% of total to secure booking
Final payment in full 30 days prior to arrival.
Payment in full required if booked less than two weeks prior to arrival.
No additional person(s) allowed to stay over.
Maximum 4 day visitors; they must provide their own beach towels