There are the two cottages; the smaller option has a large bedroom, where the glorious winter sun's rays stream in to keep it warm and cosy. ( The en-suite bathroom is a shower, basin and loo.) The kitchen is well equipped with all the basics. The lounge area also has a bed for a little one if needed.
The larger cottage has two bedrooms and sleeps five. The lounge has a fireplace to create warmth and a special atmosphere during the chilly evenings. The open-plan kitchen is also equipped with all the basics. The verandah is just the place to be; to sit and enjoy the view, to braai, to relax or to entertain.
Everything is provided.... just need to bring food and drinks! The water here is straight from the mountain... as pure as one can find.There is no TV in the cottages... but main events and special sporting fixtures are shown in the venue, 50m away. The emphasis is on total peace and serenity! There is perfect silence... not a vehicle to be heard! Guests can listen to the bushbuck 'bark' , the samango monkeys chattering in the forest and the birds twittering non-stop throughout the day. Birders have declared.... "this is the best viewing spot ever!"
- The pristine indigeous bush... what a magnificent forest to explore and enjoy the sheer wonder of nature.
- Hiking trails will take you through the forest and on to the waterfall, Grey Mare's Tail. On a clear day, one can see Albert Falls Dam and beyond!
- For the fitter hikers a climb to the top of Mount Gilboa would be bliss!
- The abundance of clivia in the forest is a sight to behold during the flowering season.
- There are four dams on the property... just perfect to wallow in, relax on the tubes or splash about to cool off on a hot summer's day.
- Canopy Tours is 'just down the road' 5kms away. Guests staying in the cottages receive a discount when they book for the canopy ride.
- We are perfectly situated for the Midmar Mile Race, the Karkloof Classic cycle race and the exciting polo events held at the Karkloof Club.
- Midlands Meander is close by and easily accessible; in fact The Glass Works" is next door!
- The famous Farmer's Market is 20minutes away and a great attraction for early risers on a Saturday morning.
- The exciting "3 Crane's Race" trail race begins and ends right here.
- Another event of note is the NT3 Adventure Quest is also based at Bushwillow Park.
The Natal Midlands is really in a fabulous spot.... we're an hour away from the sea and an hour or so from the berg! Perfectly placed in the middle!
Nothing is too much for Irvine Shaw, the owner. He is the perfect host and will go the extra mile to make each and everyone's stay as happy and as memorable as possible.
You just have to read the 'feed back' we receive, to know that this really is a special place to visit and enjoy what has been described as "the hidden jewel of KZN".