Bayview Mountain Sea-facing Cottages
Bayview Mountain Sea-facing Cottages in Hout Bay are quietly nestled against
the forest, on the slopes of the "Skoorsteenkop Mountain" in the desirable Scott
Estate area, where the clean mountain air and ocean breezes combine to re-energise
mind, body and soul.
The cottages are located at the foot of the mountain in a tranquil setting, on the Chapmans Peak side of Hout Bay, which basks longest in the sunshine that then lingers on into magical twilight-time.
Although far from the madding crowd, the cottages are only 500-metres from the beach, the quaint wharf & colourful marina, and the village with its many interesting shops, art galleries, markets and restaurants.
The cottages enjoy breathtaking sea and mountain views from every room and window... You can gaze out over sweeping changing moods of the sea all the way across the ocean to Kommetjie Lighthouse, even while relaxing in bed. In front of the cottages there are panoramic views of the ocean and the harbour, and from behind tranquil views of the mountain and forest with prolific bird-life.
The accommodation for each cottage is spacious and is tastefully furnished with attention paid to the smallest detail, like home-away-from-home, offering comfortable self-catering accommodation that is well appointed with everything needed for a relaxing holiday, including a fully equipped kitchen (with washing machine, oven & hob, double fridge/freezer, microwave oven, kettle, toaster, coffee plunger, saucepans, crockery and cutlery), dining room and lounge with Satellite TV, CD/DVD-players and Wi-fi connection. The beautiful bedrooms boast all cotton quality percale linens, and the bathrooms are roomy with fluffy bath towels provided.
Each cottage is private and opens out onto its own delightful entertainment patio with barbeque, sun-loungers, and patio furniture, all overlooking the magnificent views that you do not lose at night - After sunset the views are even more enhanced with all the reflections of the moon and harbour lights dancing on the water.
There is safe and secure off-street parking on the premises behind remote-controlled gates.
On your arrival you will be warmly welcomed to your cottage by owners Dave or June where you will find all the special complimentary touches such as fresh fruit and flowers, bath/shower toiletries, tea and coffee provisions, fruit juices for the kids and some excellent Cape wine for the adults.
Hout Bay is a good central base for a vacation, with easy access onto all the main highways, just a 20-minute drive away from the nearest Wine Estates in Constantia, Cape Town centre, Table Mountain, and the V&A Waterfront. And 35 minutes away from Cape Point, Simonstown, Boulders Beach and the penguins via Chapmans Peak Drive.
- Exceptional panoramic sea and mountain views
- Fully equipped kitchens including washing machine
- Satellite TV, DVD-player with selection of DVD's, CD-player/radio hi-fi
- Wi-Fi connection
- Heating and fans
- Private patio furnished with patio table and chairs and barbeque
- All quality percale linens and bath towels are provided
- Safe parking behind remote-controlled gates
- Children are most welcome
- airport transfers
- babysitting service
- bar fridge
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- dishwasher onsite
- DSTV in room
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- lock-up safe
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- radio in room
- remote security
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- sailing rentals (less than 5km)
- sauna/steam room (less than 3km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine in unit
- washing machine onsite
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- whale watching onsite
- wi-fi / hotspot