At Rest is a charming self-catering log cabin at Pirates Creek, in the heart of the Garden Route in the Wilderness National Park, close to the beach. It is a popular weekend and holiday breakaway destination with something to offer for the whole family. Situated on the banks of the Touw River, it has an unspoilt, breath-taking view over the tranquil river and mountains.
- At Rest is an isolated, free-standing double storey log cabin with its own private parking at the entrance.
- The three bedroom log cabin is fully equipped for a comfortable, peaceful stay.
- Rooms are equipped with bedding and towels.
- The main bedroom is upstairs and furnished with a queen size bed. It has a separate dressing room/study area with en-suite bathroom with bath/shower, toilet and hand wash basin. From the bed you have a beautiful view over the river and mountains. The main bedroom extends onto a timber deck from where the beauty of the luscious vegetation of the Wilderness National Park can be appreciated.
- The second bedroom upstairs is furnished with two comfortable single beds.
- The third bedroom is downstairs and furnished with a queen size bed with en-suite bathroom with bath, toilet and hand wash basin.
- For your convenience a camping cot is provided for your baby.
- The kitchen is fully equipped for six guests with crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils, a fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster and oven/stove.
- The kitchen, living and dining area on the ground floor is of open plan design. It is equipped with a dining table and six chairs, two comfortable double seat leather couches and two additional loose seats.
- Here you can enjoy your own choice of satellite TV with free Premium Bouquet DStv included. This consists of TV and radio channels. No need to bring your own smart card.
- The living area extends onto an outdoor timber sundeck with six garden chairs and a breakfast table. Relax, unwind and enjoy the tranquillity of the Touw River, its interesting bird live and the beautiful view over the mountain. Enjoy magnificent sunsets with sun downers in privacy from this deck perched high above the water.
- Between the river and log cabin is a private braai/barbeque with lots of green grass for the enjoyment of the children.
- An additional parking bay adjacent to the log cabin is available and shared by day visitors.
- The owner's private two-seater kayak is available free of charge for the exclusive use of guests.
- At Rest is a member of Guest House Accommodation of South Africa.
- The main attraction is the Touw River that offers:
- Bird watching
- Pirates Creek has access control and within its safe surroundings are a secure swimming pool, baby pool, jungle gym and play area for children
- The Wilderness Nature Reserve offers many scenic hiking routes to explore
- The Wilderness beach
- Paragliding, water skiing, sailing, beautiful nature walking trails, nearby
- Fifteen minutes from George national airport with daily flights from Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban
- Close to a golf course and the Garden Route Mall with 360 shops, six cinemas and restaurants
- Walking distance from "Joplin's on Route 66" restaurant
- Wilderness has several shops and restaurants. Other facilities include a cafe for all your self-catering needs, a garage, launderette, post office, DVD rental, doctors, dentists, chemist and tourist information centre.
- Many popular tourist attractions to experience in the vicinity
- Minimum duration of stay is two to seven nights depending on the time of year.
- Maximum six guests allowed.
- We kindly insist that any smoking be done outside.
- Your pets have to stay at home hoping that you will consider returning.
- Beach towels are not provided.
GPS co-ordinates: S33° 59' 42.7" E22° 35' 41.0"
As you enter Wilderness on the N2 from George, cross the Touw River Bridge at the mouth of the river and 1.3 km further you will first see the "Joplin's" restaurant on the left and then also see the sign "Pirates Creek".