African Sun Guest House
African Sun offers a relaxing atmosphere and a beautiful view of the outeniqua mountains, it is a small holding where guests can walk through the rose garden or sit out in the garden under an umbrella and read while you are served with a cup of tea. We serve breakfast on the veranda weather permitting and evening meals on request.
We have animals for the children which they can handle and eggs to be collected a real treat.
There is a strawberry farm in walking distance where you can pick or even hire a horse to ride.
We serve a full South African breakfast, dinners on request.
We have 2 flats each with 2 bedrooms, a full bathroom, lounge and kitchen. The main room has a double bed the other 2 single beds.
3 units which have their own bathroom and open onto the verandah, these each have a TV, microwave kettle and toaster also crockery and cutlery. The units have either a double bed or 2 single beds.
Rondavels - Sleep 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
I am a member of the George Tourism and accredited by Western Cape region.
I am a member of the Hop Route which has guided tours in the area.
Braai available Gym (4kms away) Game drives (20kms away) Horse riding walking distance Laundry nearby Nature trails nearby Parking area secure behind gates Private entrance Airport (3kms) Golfing (2kms) Shuttle to and from airport Bass fishing is offered on-site Membership with George Tourism in partnership with Cape Town Routes Unlimited.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- BBBEE Registered
- Tourism Grading - 3 Stars
- airport (less than 15km)
- airport transfers
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- braai/barbeque (some units)
- car hire (less than 20km)
- conference venue onsite
- DSTV in communal area (bring card)
- DSTV in room
- electronic safe
- electronic safe (some units)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fishing onsite
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- kitchen communal
- kitchenette (some units)
- kitchenette only
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- microwave in unit
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tumble dryer onsite
- wi-fi / hotspot
- Payment Methods
- Bed Configuration
- 2 Bedroom Flat 4-6 p (Sleeps 6) x 2
- Room 1 - double
- Room 2 - twin
- Room 3 - double sleeper couch
- Chalet sleep 4 (Sleeps 4) x 2
- Room 1 - single, single, king
- Chalet sleep sleep 4 (Sleeps 4) x 2
- Room 1 - double
- Room 2 - single, single
- double Room (Sleeps 2) x 3
- Room 1 - double
- semi self catering Family room (Sleeps 4) x 3
- Room 1 - double, single, single
- single (Sleeps 2) x 1
- Room 1 - twin
- Special Categories
Conference Venue Accommodation
detailsAccommodates how many people?
Capacity : no information
The following apply
Exclusive / preferred service providers on call Restroom accessible Kitchen accessible Audio – visual equipment (request details) Food / beverage facilities for catering purposes Crockery and cutlery available for hire Catering done in-house Designated parking area Sufficient parking space Fully staffed (cleaning, servers etc.) Internet connection Wireless internet connection Air conditioning Good lighting that can be operated independently Liquor license Bar on-site A purpose-built and dedicated back entrance available for equipment loading and offloading Wheelchair friendly A specified area for coaches and buses to stop to allow delegates and guests to embark and disembark safely Dedicated storage space that can safely store event materials and equipment overnight Individual lockable storage available for storage of more valuable items
- Star Graded Accommodation