ORCHARDS FARM COTTAGES
Self Catering Cottage/ House/ Bungalow Accommodation
in Komatipoort, Lowveld & Kruger National Park,
Mpumalanga, South Africa
Orchards Farm Cottages are situated on the banks of the Komati River just off the N4 en route to the Mozambique Lebombo border post.Komatipoort
and the Lebombo border post are only a 5 minute drive away, and the Crocodile Bridge gate to the Kruger National Park
a 10 minute drive.
Doug and Linda Renecle.
Orchards Farm Cottages is owned and managed by Linda and Doug Renecle who add
the small personal touches necessary to ensure that our guests feel at home, and
have an enjoyable stay. The cottages are either thatched or tiled , with
up-market furnishings and are fully equipped for guests wishing to self cater.
The facilities include: air conditioning, stove, fridge, microwave oven, lounge
with DSTV, bed linen and towels provided, en-suite shower and toilet, covered
patio for barbeques and relaxation. The units are also fully serviced daily.
Various board games and a guest library is available at the guest lounge.
There are a number of activities available in and around Komatipoort:
- Play golf at the beautiful Kambaku Golf Club on the riverbanks of the Komati and Crocodile Rivers, with views onto the Kruger National Park.
- Day trips to Swaziland, Mozambique and the Kruger National Park. Safari night/day game-viewing with professional guides.
- Fishing off the riverbanks or with local guides.
- Local artists' arts & crafts shop on premises.
- Visit the Samora Machel memorial.
- Micro-light, light aircraft , hot-air ballooning, elephant rides within a half-hour drive available as well as many other local tours.
- Horse rides locally.
- Exclusive raised deck/picnic spot on the premises for our guests to ensure pleasant fishing or bird-watching.
To arrange a day trip with a Safari Guide, or Elephant rides etc, please contact us as early as possible to book these for you to avoid disappointment. Whilst there are a lot of exciting things to do in the area, the ultimate goal of Orchards Farm Cottages is to give guests a relaxing and tranquil break away from the city lights! We do not entertain guests, but offer a comfortable base.
Enjoy the family atmosphere in a beautiful litchi and mango orchard, where purple-crested louries, paradise flycatchers, yellow-billed kites, Klaas's cuckoos, southern boubous, tambourine doves, fish eagles, trumpeter hornbills, green pigeons, many varieties of kingfishers and many, many more exciting birds are in abundance. The river-front is alive with hippos, crocodiles, water monitors, goliath herons, jacanas, cormorants and geese.
Take a Relaxing Break and Unwind in the Wild Frontier of Mpumalanga. The grassed river-front is a beautiful spot for viewing the abundant bird life, hippos and crocodiles, and to relax in a tranquil environment. The raised deck overlooks the swimming pool and the river, and is a pleasant spot for guests to enjoy a sundowner. We have a licensed guest pub.
See next to main photo for alternative contact details.