Ndlovukazi River Chalets
Ndlovukazi River Chalets & Lodge is located in the heart of the KwaZulu-Natal bushlands, just about where the Elephant Coast meets Zululand near Pongola.
We are offering an unique, luxury, self-catering option within the very exclusive, AmakhosiZeekoepan Private Game Reserve.
Ndlovukazi River Chalets nestles in the shades of indigenous trees overlooking the banks of the Mkuze River. Each with it’s own private viewing deck. Amakhosi-Zeekoepan Private Game Reserve offers an abundance of wildlife. Our exclusive game drives, promises the opportunity to experience the untamed wildlife of Africa. Grazing grounds may quickly turn to hunting grounds… The elephant cow may show off her new calf… Front row seats to a territoral male Leopard fight… Do not miss out on the adventure!
The River Chalets
- Chalet 1 and 2 are one-bedroom units and Chalet 3 has a main bedroom and a loft bedroom with two single beds.
- The private chalets are luxury, air-conditioned, independent units with complementary Wi-Fi.
- All chalets have a lounge area with an open plan kitchenette and full bathroom.
- The private "braai"/ lapha areas all have beautiful river viewing decks overlooking the Mkuze River. Firewood is supplied to each chalet.
- All kitchenettes are adequately equipped with all regular electrical kitchen appliances. All cookware for stovetop and open fire as well as all crockery and cutlery is provided.
- All accommodation has access to the swimming pool, deck chairs as well as picnic tables on the lawn terrace. Please bring your own towels for swimming.
- For related groups, we also offer a communal boma/braai area with a bar and a kitchen equipped with all cookware, crockery and cutlery, stove with oven and large fridge.
Game Drives with Ndlovukazi
No private vehicle may drive around on the private reserve.
A choice of an AM or a PM drive is included in each night of your non-business travel booking. Example: 4 nights gives you 4x any AM or PM sessions during your stay. Pre-booking of your chosen, and extra sessions are essential at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The traversing area is the same for Ndlovukazi River Chalets as for Amakhosi Safari Lodge.
The duration of each official game drive is roughly 3 hours with set return times. Exact departure time change with the seasons and are communicated upon arrival.
Please bring your own cool boxes and snacks for the drives. Flasks (500ml) are available in all chalets. Bring your own rain coats and blankets for cold weather.
Unlike most lodges, Ndlovukazi welcomes well behaved children on the drive.
All guests need to be quiet at sightings and stay seated motionlessly when wild animals approach the vehicle.
We are dealing with wild animals from an open vehicle, Please, respect the safety of other guests and animals by adhering to the safety rules. The ranger is responsible for the group’s safety and will return the group to camp, if needed.
Daytrip activities away from Ndlovukazi
- Pontoon or boat cruises on Jozini dam for Game viewing and Tiger Fishing. (70km)
- One could go fishing, water-skiing and have boat fun on the crocodile- and hippo free Bivane dam (80km). Bring your own boat
- Ithala Nature Park (60km) offers beautiful scenery, game and very good Sunday buffet lunches. Booking is advised.
- Ndumu- & Tembe Elephant Park Game Reserves need 4x4 vehicles. Ndumu is well known for birdlife. Tembe has beautiful waterholes
- Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve (180km) is a "Big 5" reserve with excellent Sunday buffet lunches at Hilltop camp. Pre-booking is essential.
- A visit to Hluhluwe's Ilala Weavers for curios will be worth your while. Ilala Weavers products are known worldwide. They can also export your purchases all over the world. Ilala Weavers also have better prices than most street vendors do!
- Do an Elephant interaction (1.5 hours away), visit the DumaZulu Cultural Village (2 hours) and walk with Cheetahs (2 hours away), in the same day trip.
- Visit North Coast resorts such as the beach at Cape Vidal (200km) and the coastal town of St Lucia. Book deep sea fishing with Turtle Bay Lodge, or others, in St Lucia.
- The unspoilt beach at Sodwana Bay (150km via Jozini) offers the best scuba diving in South African waters. A 4x4?will be handy for beach driving
- Zeekoepan is the ideal stopover on the way to Kosi Bay and the border post to Ponta D'Oura in Mozambique as well as the southern border posts of Swaziland
- The physically fitter persons can hike in the Ntendeka forest at Ngome. The full route is 20km (12,5 miles) long, but shorter routes can be taken through this wilderness heritage site
- For the keen historians, the battlefields route starts 120km?from us and it is possible to visit the Prince Imperial's Grave (son of Napoleon Bonaparte), Isandlwana, Rourke’s Drift, and Blood River with ease, within such a trip.
- Jozini Tiger Fishing Sodwana Bay DumaZulu Cultural Village