AA Recommended, beachfront, self-catering holiday villas set in lawns and
gardens overlooking the Indian Ocean. The Villas are sited on a hectare of 1st
and 2nd line beachfront stretching 160 meters up from the sea. Our gated beach
path opens directly onto the netted swimming beach with its' attendant
Eight A villas
are on the first line, and a ninth on the second line
together with six B villas
and one Duplex
are fully equipped with the exception of towels & kitchen towels (optional
extra). All villas have bed linen, safe facilities, ceiling fans, DSTV in all villas, and patios with individual braai areas.
A large, fenced private pool area is sited on the 2nd level. Villas are cleaned
daily (floors, bathroom and dustbins only). There is a laundromat on site.
Blythedale has 24/7 village security and the complex employs overnight security
bed layout varies with 4, 5 and 6 bed As; however a typical A comprises:
- Separate bedroom with double bed
- Large sleeping alcove open plan to main living/dining area containing various combinations of bunk or single beds.
- Kitchenette: 260 l fridge, microwave, 4-plate stove with oven and grill.
- Bathroom: Bath with overhead shower, toilet & hand basin.
- Maximum 6 persons
The B Villas
are built in pairs and each separate unit comprises:
- Open-plan living/sleeping/kitchen area
- Double bed + double bunk bed. (There is one twin bed B villa)
- Kitchenette: 260 liter fridge, microwave and stove with oven, grill 2 hotplates
- Small bathroom with shower, toilet and hand basin.
- Maximum 4 persons.
overlooks the complex and the ocean and comprises:
- Upstairs bedroom contains 3 singe beds.
- Downstairs bedroom with one double and one single bed + ensuite
- Bath with overhead shower, toilet hand basin
- Second toilet and hand basin downstairs.
- Kitchenette equipped as A Villas and is open plan to dinning area.
- Accommodates maximum 6 persons.
MiniVillas is owner-managed. We are committed to good service and high standards
of cleanliness, at affordable rates. 45 minutes north of King Shaka
International Airport via the N2 highway. 68kms north of Durban.
Hluhluwe-Mfolozi and St Lucia Wetland Park approx. 90 minutes drive north. A
limited number of pets are accepted, by prior arrangement only. There is a
convenience store and small restaurant in the village. Banks, post office,
petrol, a SuperSpar and other shopping facilities 8 kms away. Numerous
attractions in the vicinity include microlight trips, dolphin watching trips,
bird hide, historical sites, a children's animal farm, crocodile farm, and
Harold Johnson Nature Reserve offers picnic sites and hiking trails.