Self Catering House Accommodation
in Umkomaas, South Coast,
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
We warmly welcome you to our exciting, funky and comfortable 'Holiday Home'
in the heart of Aliwal Shoal Shark Diving Territory - the renown village of Umkomaas.
This is what you will enjoy...
LAYSEA DAYS is a beautiful, private, self-catered Holiday Home.
It is set in a Coastal 'Village' environment where life is still at a relaxed
pace, yet can really come alive at night as you visit some of the local
establishments. Enjoy a Sea-side holiday in a safe and relaxing 'Holiday home'
that tends to the Retro 'Funkier' side of life, yet not forgetting a touch of
Stunning views from the upstairs thatched deck overlook a panorama view of the
sea, where the early morning sunrise beckons a beautiful new day.
The Self-catering home sleeps 10 people. Each of the uniquely decorated Private,
Comfortable Bedrooms are Fanned, airy and light. The Family room comprises of a
Double Bed with a Single bunk on top and a Double bunk bed. This five-sleeper
Family room has its own En-suite Bathroom. A Separate flat has a Queen-size bed
and is also en-suite. The Main bedroom enjoys a King-size bed and shares a
bathroom with a private, twin single-bed bedroom - bath, shower, hand basin and
separate toilet. Another twin bed bedroom has its own bathroom.
The comfy, double-volume, and upstairs Lounge / Pub / Lecture room nurtures
relaxation. This area leads onto the upstairs, partially covered deck with Gas
barbeque, tables and chairs. Refresh yourself after an exciting Diving or
Golfing morning in the cool pool with surrounding Martini seat. Or just relax
under one of the covered verandahs or deck. The kids will love the spacious
grassed play areas and the sparkling pool, where parent can keep a watchful eye
while they frolic in the water.
Experience the ambience of warm Natal evenings around one of the Barbeques (Braais),
and the glistening star-filled canopy overhead while listening to the sound of
the waves crashing on the nearby beaches.
There is also plenty to do in the close vicinity:
- Many Pubs, Restaurants, Golf course, sporting facilities in the village
- Awesome Surf spots and beautiful beaches within minutes
- Scuba Diving, Shark Diving, Snorkelling, Spearfishing, Rock and Surf and
- Crocodile Farm and Restaurant
- Trips to Nature Reserves, Casinos, Cultural Villages and places of
- Birdwatching...or just relaxing!!!
You'll have a wonderful time...and, you'll be back!
Blue Room - King size Bed
Yellow Room - Double Bed bottom bunk, single on top plus Double bunk Bed (room
Turquoise Room - 2 Single Beds
Lilac Room - 2 Single Beds
Orange Room ('Flat') - Queen size bed
'Flat' Configuration (Orange Room)
Queen size bed with En-suite
Own Braai area (no kitchen)
Sorry - NO CREDIT CARDS
- Gas and electric geysers
- Some of the Bedrooms have en-suite Bathrooms
- Quality beds throughout
- Linen and Towels available at extra cost
- All Bedrooms - Ceiling fans
- Fully equipped Kitchen (microwave, Fridge and separate chest freezer,
- Stainless Steel Barbeque (Braai) and Equipment
- Deck chairs & tables
- Large Comfortable Downstairs Lounge with DStv and DVD player (separate
- Large Upstairs Sea view Lounge with DStv and DVD player
- 35sqm partially Thatched viewing Deck upstairs
- Upstairs Gas Barbeque (Braai)
- Excellent Scuba Kit wash-up and drying area
- Fully Walled and Secure parking for 10+ cars
- Refreshing pool with Martini seating
- Fully Walled and Secure with Alarm system and Armed Response
Facilities In Umkomaas
- Scuba Diving Charters (within 1km)
- Filling Station (within 1km)
- Supermarkets, Banks and Bottle Store (within 1km)
- Hardware Store (within 1km)
- Restaurants & Pubs (within 1km)
- Golf course (within 1km)
- Medical Doctor and Pharmacies (within 1km)
Facilities And Activities In The Vicinity:
- Scuba diving, Fishing, Beach, Snorkeling, Spear fishing, River Kayaking
etc (5 minutes walk)
- Golf in Umkomaas and many more top courses in close vicinity
- Sardine Run in June / July
- Durban International Airport (20 minutes)
- UShaka World Marine Park (30 minutes)
- Crocodile Farm and Restaurant (8 minutes)
- Scottburgh - Beaches, Malls, Restaurants, Golf, Fishing, etc (10
- Amanzimtoti - Beaches, Malls, Restaurants, Golf, Fishing, etc (20
- Durban - Beaches, Harbor trips, Malls, Stadiums, Horse Racing etc (30
- Variety of Sports Activities, Reserves, Quad Biking ; Paintball and
more... (all in close vicinity)
- Within 1 hours drive - The Pavilion, Gateway, Casinos, etc
- Day Trips - Wild Coast & Casino, Cultural Zulu Villages, Lion Park,
Oribi Gorge, etc.
We can advise on activities and arrange transport to various destinations!
See next to main photo for alternative contact details.