Bed & Breakfast Accommodation
in Langebaan, West Coast,
Western Cape, South Africa
Just an hour's drive north, from Cape Town, you will find Langebaan
. The town - situated between a salt-water lagoon rich in marine and bird life and the West Coast National Park
- truly deserves its reputation as the playground of the West Coast because of the many attractions it offers, all year round.
And where better to stay than Harrison's House while you experience all the attractions the West Coast has to offer? Situated on a hillside overlooking the lagoon, it affords magnificent panoramic views of sunrise and sunset, in a setting where the abundant bird life is a wonder to behold. And in springtime, the fields are covered with the wild flowers that have made the West Coast of South Africa famous throughout the world.
Harrison's House offers luxury B&B accommodation in a tranquil, stylish setting. Here you will always receive a warm West Coast welcome, and excellent, attentive service that's not intrusive. Your hosts are always available to advise and assist you, whatever your needs.
Harrison's House offers the traveller:
The Luxury Island and Lagoon rooms
- A hearty continental and cooked breakfast on the enclosed stoep overlooking the courtyard and pool or, if you wish and the weather permits, on the sundeck or alongside the pool. On the menu: fragrant freshly baked muffins and scones, as well as traditional fare including SA delicacies such as grated biltong (spicy dried beef) on toast, moskonfyt (grape syrup), stewed dried fruit, boerebeskuit (rusks) and refreshing rooibos tea
- An outdoor room with exercise machines for the energetic
- A salt-water pool in the secluded courtyard
- A sundeck, perfect for unwinding and watching a spectacular sunset while you savour a glass of West Coast wine
- A relaxing lounge area for reading or watching a DVD from our large selection
- A laundry service
- Secure off-street parking
- Internet access, fax and copying services
- Advice and bookings for day trips, restaurants and all other local activities
- Airport transfers can be arranged with advance notice (additional charge)
- Car hire arranged on request
, (37.7 square meters) are located on
the first floor have floor to ceiling windows which offer stunning views of the
lagoon. These rooms have the following additional luxury amenities: under floor
heating, 32" LCD Television, spa bath, separate rain shower, electronic laptop
safe, bathroom heater. The Luxury Island room has its own private balcony and
offers the option of twin beds or king size bed. The Luxury Lagoon room has a
queen size sleigh bed.
Deluxe Courtyard room
(35.4 sqaure meters) on the ground floor has its
own private sunny seating area with lovely view of the lagoon over the courtyard
and pool. It has a queen size bed, corner bath and separate shower within a
large dressing room.
Superior Courtyard room
(30 square meters) on the ground floor, leads off
the enclosed "stoep" and is fully carpeted with large walk-in shower and full
size separate bath. This room also has a queen size bed.
Our 4 tastefully appointed rooms are individually decorated with quality furnishings and all offer:
- Air conditioners
- En-suite bathrooms with seperate shower and bath
- Heated towel rails
- Crisp 100% percale cotton linen
- Tea and coffee trays
- 2 towelling gowns and slippers
- Ceiling fans and heaters
- Electric blankets
- Wall safes
- Mini bar fridge
- Bathroom Scale
- Alarm clock/ radio
Harrison's House is a non-smoking establishment, but the outdoor areas may be used for smoking purposes!
To Do and See:
- Langebaan Lagoon: right on your doorstep, is a natural wonderland steeped in history and home to more than a third of SA's salt marshes and 40% of our sandveld. The waters teem with fish, large and small, and among the most popular pastimes are deep-sea and fresh-water fishing expeditions. In the past the lagoon was home to a whaling station, the ruins of which can still be seen on the island in the bay.
- Watersports: Kayaking, canoeing and rowing, windsurfing, kite surfing, water skiing, jet skiing and surfing. You can rent equipment for all these activities in Langebaan itself, and lessons are available too. Only 5 min away in town centre.
- Birdwatching: Two hides on the shore of the lagoon provide a vantage point for viewing the 250 species of birds that call this area home. Here you can see the largest colony of kelp gulls in SA, as well as the swift tern, crowned cormorant and black oystercatchers.
- West Coast National Park: It's well worth taking a leisurely drive or cycle ride through the park, where you could see tortoises, zebra, gemsbok, wildebeest and ostrich among other wildlife. From August to October, the park is a riot of colour when wild flowers of every hue cover hill and valley. Main entrance is located 5 min away.
- Fossil Park: Fourteen hectares of fossil-rich land, 10 kilometres outside Langebaan, where you can see the fossilised remains of early animals, such as lion-sized sabre-toothed cats and three-toed horses.
- Whale-watching: From June to November, especially to see the Southern Right Whales who mate and calve here. Take a whale-watching trip from Saldanha, 20 minutes from Langebaan.
- Golf: There's an 18-hole course, with grass greens, at the Langebaan Country Club, a 10-minute drive from Harrison's House.
- Horseback rides: one hour supervised rides through the countryside. Only 10 min drive.
- Club Mykonos: 15 minutes from Harrison's House, offers a range of water sports, a sunset cruise on a catamaran, and the excitement of having a flutter on the tables.
- The Strandloper Restaurant: an open air seafood restaurant on the beach offering a unique culinary experience.
- Winelovers are well situated for visits to West Coast wineries such as Groote Post, Cloof and Darling Cellars, and the Stellenbosch and Paarl wine routes are only two hours away by car.
- Thirty minutes or so from Langebaan is the little town of Darling, made famous by Tannie Evita Bezuidenhout (aka Pieter-Dirk Uys) and home to Evita se Perron, where there are always shows to see and delicious lunches to savour.
See next to main photo for alternative contact details.