Zinyati Lodge offers the perfect stopover for those travelling between JHB and Durban as well as the inland route to the Drakensberg.
Situated on the N11 just 2km outside Newcastle, at the northern foot slopes of the Drakensberg Mountains, in the heart of the KZN Battlefields, a sincere and homely atmosphere awaits your arrival.
Zinyati means 'Buffalo' which originated from the Buffalo River nearby.
Zinyati Lodge offers modern chalets and thatched roof Zulu Huts. A variety of double, single and family rooms, (all en-suite) are available. Thirty rooms in total.
All Rooms are provided with the following:
- Bedding, towels, soap:- Serviced every day.
- Coffee and tea
- Ceiling fans and heaters
- Secure parking
- Dinner on prior arrangement
The entertainment area consist of a fully licensed bar, dining area, pool table and swimming pool with braai facilities.
- Conference facilities for +- 60 persons.
- Zinyati Lodge is also home to the largest Miniature Horse stud and one of the few commercial Emu breeding flocks in Kwa-Zulu Natal.
Nearby tourist attractions include:
- On site Biltong shop On site: Teffany's Art gallery.
- 2km From Town central Fort Amiel Monument.
- Majuba battle site.
- Ncandu and Chemsford nature reserve.
- Hiking trails.
- On the Battlefields Route.
- 1.5km from Monte Vista Casino.
- 6km from Airport
- 4km From Newcastle Golf Course
- 500m From Wimpy Waterside and Engen
- airport (less than 15km)
- bar/cocktail lounge
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- car hire (less than 20km)
- casino (less than 10km)
- conference venue onsite
- DSTV in communal area
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- live entertainment (less than 3km)
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- movies / cinema (less than 5km)
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- ostrich farm (less than 10km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- remote security
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- restaurant onsite
- sauna/steam room (less than 3km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- television in room (non-satellite)
- tennis court (less than 5km)