Witsand Self catering Cottage
This gracious 3-bedroomed home is situated on the Northern bank of the Breede
River at Port Beaufort. It is 1km upstream from the mouth at Witsand. The Breede
River is well known for its whale watching and has the best light tackle estuary
fishing in South Africa. This holiday home especially caters for the fisherman
with its private harbour where you can safely leave your boat moored.
The house is situated in a secure, boomed complex. The outdoor area overlooks pristine vynbos and farmland with wonderful bird watching and sea and river views. The 3 bedrooms are all en suite. There is an open plan living area with DSTV and a fully-fitted, modern kitchen. There is a lock-up garage and car port. Linen is provided but bring your own beach towels.
Other activities include kite and windsurfing, canoeing, collecting of pansy shells on the banks at low tide and swimming. The De Hoop Nature Reserve, Route 62 an historic, scenic wine route and the Pont at Malgas which is the last remaining operational Pont in South Africa are all attractions within half an hours drive.
Nearby towns include Riversdale. Cape Town is about a 3 hours drive away.
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- DSTV in communal area (bring card)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fishing onsite
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities onsite
- parking all onsite
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- washing machine onsite
- whale watching (less than 10km)
- Take the R322-Witsand/Port Beaufort turnoff (+- 300 km from Cape Town.)
- Drive 37 km towards Witsand.
- Cross over the 4way stop towards the river.
- Drive down past the Breede River Lodge and continue until you reach the boom.
- Go through the boom keeping right up the hill until you reach the house with the blue shutters in front of you.