The cottage is situated right on the beach with your own private beach path directly onto the beach - no need to drive! The cottage has a spacious open-plan living area for the kitchen, dining room and lounge on the top floor which flows over onto a sheltered wooden deck where leisurely breakfasts can be consumed outside whilst watching the magnificent views of the sea and listening to the numerous bird calls from the surrounding indigenous bush!
There are 5 bedrooms, 3 of which are en-suite with a third bathroom shared by the other 2 bedrooms. The main en-suite bedroom has an adjourning bedroom with 3 bunk beds suitable for a family. 3 bedrooms have King size beds and all beds have state of the art mattresses and percale linen to ensure you fall asleep in luxury!
There is the best outside hot and cold shower in St Francis - picture coming off the beach straight into a shower surrounded by a forest of milk wood trees! Complete privacy is guaranteed - shower with or without the door open! There is WIFI, a TV lounge with DSTV and an assortment of games for children to be entertained whilst you are sipping wine upstairs and relaxing.
We have a braai experts dream braai area sheltered from the wind which includes both the braai and a Weber for the more discerning chefs! The braai area is fully decked with large custom made day beds and comfortable mattresses with cushions which adorn the whole deck area. Relax in the sun reading a book or under the milk woods listening to the sound of the birds and sea!
The kitchen has a healthy sized fridge/ freezer and in addition another two fridges in the garage one of which serves as a drinks fridge to cool your drinks after a hot lazy day on the beach. There is a chest freezer in the garage to freeze all the extras so that a daily shopping trip is not necessary which allows for complete relaxation away from the crowds. There is also a washing machine in the garage for those not wanting to pack too many clothes!
The kitchen has a dishwashing machine,microwave and oven/hob that is both electric and gas in the case of loadshedding! There is a large gas heater, a slow combustion fireplace, and plenty of blankets for those chilly evenings during the winter. This piece of paradise has all the mod cons to ensure a relaxing holiday!
Situated right on the beach there is immediate access to pristine kilometres of beach to stroll along and world renowned surf spots - Seal Point and Seal point Beach Break.
List of off site facilities within walking distance:
- Gorgeous swimming beach.
- Beautifully marked walking and running trails through 4 different biomes of pristine unspoilt natural indigenous vegetation
- Pubs, restaurants and cafes, some within walking and cycling distance from the cottage!
- Spas, some within walking distance from the Cape St Francis Resort
Distance to other major destinations:
- Knysna (200kms)
- Stellenbosch wine country and Cape Town (700kms)
- Beach (absolutely on the beach less than 200m )
- Braai /Weber facilities
- Exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- Slow combustion fireplace
- Restaurants,pubs and cafes close by
- Washing machine onsite
- Dishwasher onsite
- Chill deck
Latitude - 34 Degrees, 11' 58,57 South
Longitude - 24 Degrees, 50' 4,32 East
Cancellation: 50% Refund of deposit if cancelled up to 2 months prior to occupation date. No refund if cancelled within 2 months of occupation date.
Arrival & Departure Times
Guests should please arrive after 14h00 on the day of arrival to allow for cleaning of the premises and depart by 10h00 to allow for cleaning services!
Terms Of Payment
Full payment is required 2 weeks before date of arrival.
Refundable deposit of R500.00 required (for breakages) with final payment.
Please note: 20% deposit required for booking to be confirmed!
Please note: Pre and post rental clean of R500 will be charged in addition to the rental fee
Please note: In excess of 10 people will be charged an additional R250 per head per night plus a cleaner at R250 per day!
Valued guests please:
- No smoking inside it is a serious fire hazard, if necessary outside with an ash tray and butts thrown into the rubbish bin not the garden please!!!!
- No animals allowed on the premises
- No writing on walls
- No leaving cushions, furniture/valuables in the rain
- Our cottage is situated in a quiet cul-de-sac surrounded by bush and sea on one side and neighbours on the other - please respect the peace and quiet of the neighbourhood! No loud parties - thank you for your understanding!!!