Whimseagull is a delightful 3-bedroomed self catering holiday home where you can replenish your soul in the idyllic Jacobsbaai on the Cape's West Coast.
In a world where proper planning is valued, this is one occasion when acting on a whim will leave you with absolutely no regrets. Staying in this fully equipped house in the idyllic Jacobsbaai guarantees the replenishment of your soul.
Jacobsbaai, situated midway between Vredenburg and Saldanha Bay, is an isolated, traditional Cape West Coast Village. It boasts a breathtaking 2 kilometers of coastline, 7 individual bays and lime washed houses against an azure blue sea. The village is well known for its abundance of seafood and the magnificent display of wild flowers that transforms the landscape every year from late winter to spring.
Whimseagull, from whimsical (meaning playfully quaint or fanciful), is a beautiful holiday home only 300 metres from the beach.
Whimseagull offers a stylishly decorated self catering option with extra amenities that include a television, full DSTV bouquet, DVD player, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble drier, crisp white linen and towels, and an alarm system. The house is extremely generous with space, being equipped to cater for 6 adults. You only need to bring your own beach towels and beach chairs.
The house offers the following:
- The main bedroom has a king size bed, spacious cupboards and an en-suite bathroom, with a bath and shower. Double doors opening onto the veranda provide a private entrance.
- The roomy open plan lounge and dining area is ideal for quality family time. The West Coast style fireplace will ensure long, cosy evenings enjoyed with a good book and a glass of wine, or an indoor barbeque with friends and family around the dining table. The dining area is ideally situated between the kitchen, fireplace and lounge to allow for free-flow conversation. Wood for the fireplace and upstairs braai is provided.
- The kitchen and inter-leading scullery are fully equipped and include an oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble drier. Coffee, tea and sugar are provided to help you settle in.
- There is also a guest toilet and a double lock-up garage.
- From the large veranda, with patio furniture, the beautiful West Coast sunsets can be appreciated.
- The second bedroom has a queen size bed and ample cupboard space.
- The third bedroom is furnished with twin beds, and has built-in cupboards.
- A second bathroom with a shower services the two upstairs rooms.
- The large loft area provides a second living area and is furnished with two large couches, a television, DSTV decoder and DVD player. Double doors open onto the patio (with braai facilities), which overlooks Jacobsbaai towards the sea. A separate, outside staircase leads up to this patio and loft.
The popular Weskusplek, a restaurant owned by the famous Afrikaans singer, Steve Hofmeyr, is situated only 800 metres from the house. Here delicious and affordable traditional meals, and the hospitality so characteristic of the West Coast, can be enjoyed.
Jacobsbaai has always been known for its abundance of crayfish and it is a popular fishing spot. The bay is also ideal for sea kayaking. The protected bays provide an ideal paddling and exploring area for youngsters and young at heart, while the sandy Atlantic Ocean beach allows uncrowded sunbathing. The brave, tipsy or hot can dip in the refreshing ocean.
The towns of Riebeek Kasteel and Darling, the hometown of the famous Evita Bezuidenhout are nearby and Veldrift on the Berg River is ideal for bird watchers. Enjoy some wine tasting at the excellent wine estates in the area or visit the West Coast Fossil Park near Hopefield or the West Coast National Park, which is particularly beautiful in spring (late August to end September) with a kaleidoscope of colourful spring flowers.
Come on, act on that whim and experience the West Coast with this beautiful house as your base. We guarantee that you will already be planning your next visit before you leave.
Please note that, in order to meet the needs of future guests, no smoking is permitted inside the house, and no pets are allowed.