Margate is one of the premier and extremely popular seaside resort towns on
the KwaZulu-Natal Coast and is located approximately 20km south of Port
Margate features a Blue Flag status beach for swimming and surfing. This seaside
town offers a main street with quant shops and restaurants. During peak season
this main street is once a week transformed into a mardi gras with stalls and
The town and surrounding area offer leisure, sporting and shopping facilities
including inter alia golf courses, tennis, diving, deep sea fishing, fishing
pier, casino and water world (Wild Coast Sun), Shelly Centre, South Coast Mall,
Hibiscus Mall, night clubs and pubs.
Whale Rock 21 offers the following:
- Beautifully furnished, luxury, self-catering three (3) bedroom apartment
with open plan kitchen
- Sleeps 6
- Fully furnished (including linen) (only bring own towels)
- 2 full bathrooms (bath, shower, hand basin, toilet) (main bedroom
- Kitchen is well-equipped with dishwasher, oven/hob, microwave,
fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster, cutlery and crockery
- Main bedroom and lounge lead onto spacious balcony with patio set and
gas braai (no open fires permitted)
- The apartment is fitted with flat screen TV and DVD player
- DSTV available (bring own decoder and cables or hire locally) (no TV
reception without decoder)
- The unit is situated in a secure complex with 24-hour access control
(perimeter electric fencing) (night guard)
- Lift in complex
- 2nd floor unit
- Beautiful sea view
- Secure undercover parking
- Swimming pool in complex
- Pedestrian gate to seafront
- Secluded beach directly in front of complex
- Walking distance (400m) to Margate main swimming beach (Blue Flag Beach)
- Complex also exits onto Central Business Area of Margate
- Close proximity to shops, restaurants and amenities
- Servicing and cleaning of unit available on site (contact details of
service provider available)
- No smoking permitted inside units
- Unfortunately no pets allowed
- We do not accommodate students
- If the deposit required is not paid by the due date, the booking is cancelled without further notice.
- If the remaining accommodation cost is not paid by the due date, the booking will be cancelled without further notice and the deposit forfeited.
- In the event of the accommodation not being filled, no deposit or any other monies will be refunded, except if we are able to obtain another tenant suitable to us for the accommodation.
- Bookings are not transferrable.
Arrival & Departure Times
Check in: 14:00
Check out: 09:00
Failure to comply with the check out time may result in an additional day tariff being levied.
Terms Of Payment
- 50% deposit required to secure booking.
- Balance of accommodation cost to be paid 30 (thirty) days prior to date of occupation.
- Refundable breakage deposit: R1000-00 to be paid 7 (seven) days before date of occupation.
- All payments should be made via EFT directly into the account listed in the Booking Information Form. We do not accept cash payments due to the security and handling costs thereof.
- All accommodation costs must be paid before the unit is occupied. We reserve the right to withhold the keys if the accommodation costs and breakage deposit are not paid.
- The use of the accommodation is limited to the number of people for which the booking has been made, including children of all ages. Should we find that the unit is occupied by more people than the unit provide sleeping facilities for, we will cancel the booking, require the tenant to vacate the unit immediately, and all monies paid will be forfeited. Please note that the maximum occupation of this unit is 6 (six) persons (including children of all ages).
- The unit has undercover parking for 1 (one) vehicle only (unit parking clearly indicated). Additional on-site open parking available.
- We do not accept any students or matric school leavers. If it comes to our attention that the unit is occupied by students or matric school leavers without parental supervision, such booking will be cancelled forthwith, all tenants will be required to vacate the unit immediately and all monies paid will be forfeited.
- The accommodation is made available subject to the conduct rules which apply to Whale Rock. Should the rules not be adhered to, we will cancel the booking and require the unit to be vacated immediately and monies paid will be forfeited.
- This unit is a non-smoking unit and smoking is only permitted on the veranda. Failure to comply with this provision will result in the booking being cancelled forthwith, all tenants will be required to vacate the unit immediately and all monies paid will be forfeited. Should it be found that this provision has been disregarded, an additional cleaning fee will be levied and will be recovered from the breakage deposit.
- No pets are allowed in the unit. Failure to comply with this provision will result in the booking being cancelled forthwith, all tenants will be required to vacate the unit immediately and all monies paid will be forfeited. Should it be found that this provision has been disregarded, an additional cleaning fee will be levied and will be recovered from the breakage deposit.
- No open fires (wood or charcoal) are allowed on the verandas at Whale Rock. Only gas or electric braais are allowed (gas braai provided on veranda).
- Should the keys to the unit or gate remote be lost, the costs in respect of the replacement of the locks, keys and remote and recoding of all remotes, will be for the cost of the tenant.
- DSTV available (full bouquet)
- Bring own towels and dish cloths. (Linen is provided)
- Unit cleaned before and after occupation. Servicing and cleaning of unit during stay available.
- Where items are broken or damaged during the course of stay of the tenant, the tenant may replace the item(s) personally IF it is replaced with a 100% matching item. If not replaced or replaced incorrectly, the cost of replacing such item(s) will be deducted from the breakage deposit. Damages to the unit and/or its contents in excess of the breakage deposit amount, will be for the account of the tenant.