Welgekozen Country Lodge
Welgekozen Country Lodge is set on 8 hectors of land half kilometre from the historic town of Piet Retief close to the Swaziland Border. The approach to the lodge is through an avenue of oak trees to the elegant Cape Dutch building.
Our venue boasts an ambience of tranquillity in its country surroundings and can accommodate a variety of tastes. The house was built by the son of Generaal Kemp a Boer war general.
Travelling from the Kruger Park, Durban or JHB it makes an ideal stopover for tourists. Being centrally situated for Swaziland, Pongola it is an ideal town for Reps to stay.
Welgekozen Country lodge is a Traditional Cape Dutch Property with wooden Floors, windows and doors. It is Rectangular in shape with a central tiled courtyard. All set in Park Like gardens with lots of mature English oak trees, some over 60 years old.
The lodge offers:
- 11 individually decorated double bed rooms with either showers or baths
- Tea & coffee facilities in every room
- TV with M-Net and DStv in every room
- Superb English or continental breakfast
- Evening meals
- Laundry facilities available
- Rosewood bar with fire place
- Large swimming pool
- Lapa for functions
- Separate dining room overlooking the courtyard
- 2 large lounges superbly decorated - one with an Adam fireplace
- Wheelchair friendly
- Bridal suite At Welgekozen - we take pride in offering a range of packages to suit every Wedding, Conference or Function, be it for just a day or over several days.
The Ambiance decor, cleanliness and Friendly service will ensure your stay is a memorable one. We are English, Afrikaans and Dutch Spoken.
We look forward to meeting you.
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- AA Superior Accommodation
- AA Travel Guide Category Finalist 2008
- AA Travel Guide Category Winner 2009
- bar/cocktail lounge
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- car hire (less than 20km)
- conference venue onsite
- DSTV in communal area
- DSTV in room
- fishing (less than 3km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- hunting (less than 30km)
- internet facilities
- laundry facilities onsite
- outdoor pool
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- rock art (less than 20km)
- sauna/steam room (less than 3km)
- squash court (less than 5km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
- wi-fi / hotspot