Waterford Manor is a 10-hectare property with 700m of Mooi River frontage, which offers our guests many idyllic spots for fly fishing and picnicing. We are 7kms from Nottingham Road and 12kms from Mooi River. Our property has a lot of indigenous growth and magnificent trees and we have laid out a couple of walking trails for the enjoyment of our guests. We also have a swimming pool with wooden deck (with lapa and BBQ facilities) overlooking the river.
There are abundant wildlife species - so be on the lookout for buck, mongoose, porcupines and otters, as well as prolific bird species.
In spring and summer, the hillsides are covered in carpets of green, dotted with abundant wild flowers. During the crispy cold autumns, the leaves and grasslands turn burnt orange and yellow, and during winter, the air is frosty and sometimes there is even snow.
You will also find some of the most spectacular waterfalls in the province, excellent fly-fishing, and an amazing variety of craft shops and home industries along the route known as the Midlands Meander.
Relax in style and comfort in one of our 4 luxury B&B cottages (individually decorated).
PROTEA is our very best suite and is recommended for special occasions or if you would like to treat yourself. Protea is attached to the main house with its own private entrance. It has a four poster king size bed, with en-suite bathroom which consists of a large bath and large shower. There is a kettle and bar fridge. The Protea Suite has stunning views of the river and country side.
TAMARIND B&B suite is one of our premium suites and is attached to the main house with its own private entrance. It has a queen size bed, walk-in closet, large bathroom with bath, shower head and hand-held shower. There are beautiful views of the garden, pool and river from the quart yard. A kettle is provided. DSTV (bouquet) incl. Our B&B units are our most luxurious units, so if you are looking for a special weekend away, these are highly recommended.
HIBISCUS is our smallest B&B cottage and consists of a bedroom with double, four-poster bed and small, modern bathroom with shower. A kettle is provided. There is DSTV (bouquet) and wall-mounted heaters. Hibiscus has its own paved garden patio.
JASMINE (2 Bedrooms) is a thatched cottage, which has two bedrooms, bathroom (with bath and shower head) and separate toilet. The main bedroom has a king-size bed and the second bedroom has two 3/4 beds. This is our most luxurious family cottage. A fridge, kettle and microwave are provided. There is DSTV
Also in the area: golf courses, horseriding, forest canopy tours, hot-air ballooning, sightseeing, shopping, fantastic restaurants and pubs, the Drakensberg nearby ... and much, much more!
- Awards & Accreditations As Claimed By The Establishment
- National Accommodation Association
- Tourism Grading - 4 Stars
- bar fridge
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- dishwasher onsite
- DSTV in communal area
- DSTV in room
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fishing onsite
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- internet facilities
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- lake (less than 5km)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- laundry facilities onsite
- lock-up safe
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- nature trail onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- radio in room
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- rock art (less than 20km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine onsite
- wi-fi / hotspot
Directions from Jhb:
- Take the N3 highway to Durban
- Pass through Harrismith
- continue down Van Reenens Pass and bypass the Ladysmith turnoff and Estcourt turnoffs
- Continue on towards Mooi River and take exit 143 for R622 towards Mooi River/Greytown
- Turn right at the T-junction and pass over the freeway (towards R103)
- Turn left at the following T-Junction onto the R103 (At the Engen Garage & Wimpy)
- Keep going for 8.8kms. Waterford Manor will be on your right.
- Take the N3 highway towards Harrismith.
- Take the Nottingham Road off-ramp. (Exit 132)
- Turn Right onto the R103 and keep going. Pass the Nottingham Road Hotel on your right. (7.4kms)
- At the stop street turn right and go under the railway bridge. (R103)
- Keep right and keep going through the town of Nottingham Road and then Rosetta.
- Keep going for 8.6km. Ppass the Rosetta Hotel on your right and then the Wine Cellar on your left.
- We are next door to the Wine Cellar on the left hand side of the road.