Vreugde Guest Farm
Vreugde Guest Farm is a small, family-run guest farm, now incorporating three generations of the Brand family - Danie and Elsie, their son, Danie, and his wife, Rachel, and the most recent addition to the family, grand-daughter Isabel.
The Guest Farm is well-known for its warm Namibian welcome and friendly hosts, its quiet and shady garden, the inviting pool, and Elsie's delicious farm food. The family sits with guests for dinner, so that they can share tales about Etosha and its wildlife, Namibia's history, as well as providing many tips for getting the most out of a tour around Namibia.
Guests can easily drive to Etosha themselves from the guest farm, as it is a mere 30-minute drive to Etosha's Anderson gate. Or you can opt for an Etosha game-drive, guided by Danie Jnr, who himself has lived and worked in Etosha, and knows the Park and its wildlife extremely well.
Vreugde is still a working cattle and sheep farm, and guests can see the farm either on foot, or by open-jeep on a guided farm-drive / sun-downer.
The Guest Farm has just seven rooms (one a 4-bed family bungalow), so it is one of the smallest, quietest and most intimate of the accommodation establishments on offer in the southern Etosha area. Our individually-decorated, comfortable en-suite rooms (most with separate toilet and shower-rooms) all open directly onto our large garden, and are reasonably-priced, with both dinner and breakfast included in our rates.
Facilities available to help you enjoy your stay include:
- Parking on-site.
- Large, shady garden furnished with tables and chairs, and grass-roofed lapas.
- Good-sized, inviting swimming-pool, fenced off for child-safety.
- 220V electricity, cell-phone reception, wi-fi internet access and credit-card facilities.
- Bar service to wherever you are (garden, lapa, pool, room).
- Tea and coffee served with cake in the afternoon.
- 'Boma' fireplace, where guests can sit and enjoy a pre- or post-dinner drink.
- Farm-walks and farm-drives / sundowner drives.
- Guided Etosha day-trips.
Just 45km (about 30 minutes' drive) from Etosha’s Anderson Gate, 9km west of the C38 tar-road half-way between Okaukuejo and Outjo, on the D2710.
- laundry facilities onsite
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- restaurant onsite