Umkomazi Beach House
Voted "Best Beach House With A Great Pool" by Getaway Magazine
"Barefoot Luxury" best describes Umkomazi Rocks Beach House.
Kick off those shoes, put your feet up and escape the noise of the world, here the ocean rules all your senses, the sounds and smells of the surf breaking below you, the amazing sunrises and sunsets, the vast ocean stretching uninterrupted before you, all its changing colours and its moods.
Our location is an easy 6 hours from Johannesburg, or 40 minutes south of Durban. Everything you need for your holiday is conveniently available in Scottburgh, our closest town.
We have created the quintessential beach house complete with all the expected conveniences of a luxury self catering establishment, including good linen and comfortable beds, a beautiful and well organised kitchen and scullery with plenty of pantry and fridge space, private bathrooms, background music and a Nespresso coffee maker, and best of all - no TV.
(Unfortunately you do get decent 3G cell signal)
Lots of spaces to relax, inside and out, beach side or back side depending on the weather or the time of day.
Bring your surfboards, the wave out front can get epic, and our quiet little bay is great for swimming and snorkeling.
We offer three large and sunny bedrooms, all sea facing and pool facing, sleeping up to 8 adults in 4 large beds. On request, an extra single bed and a cot can be made available.
- Bedroom 1 - King bed
- Bedroom 2 - Queen bed
- Bedroom 3 - King bed x 2
- All bedrooms have ceiling fans
- Three bathrooms (2 with bath and shower, and 1 with shower only)
- Gas and charcoal BBQ
- Gas stove and electric oven
- Nespresso coffee machine (bring your own pods)
- FM Radio
- Day maid can be arranged on certain days @ R200 p/day
- Laundry service on request.
- General cleaning takes place after check out.
Please note: a train line runs directly in front of the house and we get about 12 trains a day, starting early in the morning and stopping around sunset.
The beach is a short walk up or down the road, and requires crossing the line.
- No smoking indoors.
- No pets.
- No fireworks.
- No parties.
- Extra occupants over and above those listed on the Rental Agreement will be charged for from the Breakage Deposit.
- Check in from 14:00 and Check out is before 10:00
Your rental home is really lovely - we so enjoyed our time - thank you. Will definitely be coming down again. Weather was a little inclement, but we were very lucky that it held off for the wedding. We had a beautiful wedding at The Venue. Once again, thank you for allowing us to rent your lovely home.
- bar fridge
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- beach (less than 500m)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- car hire (less than 20km)
- ceiling fans in bedrooms
- fishing (less than 3km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- Good security
- hair dryer
- Hair dryer in rooms
- ironing board
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- linen & towels provided
- lock-up garage
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- not serviced
- off street parking on premises for 2 cars
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- private entrance
- private pool
- remote security
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- Safe parking
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- secure garage
- Secure parking with individual remotes and keys
- shark cage diving (less than 10km)
- stove in unit
- Swimming pool (towels provided)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- weber braai
- whale watching onsite
- wheelchair friendly
Directions and Map
Take the Umkomaas/Craigieburn turn off from the N2 coastal freeway south of
Follow the Widenham sign down to the Old South Coast Road and turn into Rozel
Road at the Halfway Toyota and BP service station.
Rozel Road becomes St Helier Road.
15A St Helier Road - Umkomazi Rocks