SANCTA (South African National Community Theatre Association) One Act Play Festival is an annual event which will take place in Secunda, Mpumalanga over five days from the 10th July 2012 to 14th July 2012. This year will celebrate the SANCTA 32nd festival. Each year gets bigger and better thanks to the many sponsors and the support from locals and visitors from around the world is welcomed.
This year there are 12 entries, 8 of which are from Mpumalanga and 4 from Gauteng. There are 3 new entries from the Gert Sibande Region and Witbank. In the first week of July, each play will be given a 2 hour technical rehearsal by Sancta's Festival Stage Manager, Barry Neuwerth.
Tuesday 10 July 2012
1. Izaze Zaze, Embahlenhle - name TBA
2. Siyonqoba Performing Arts, Embalenhle - In Red
3. Sisonke Art Productions, Witbank - Mina No Baba
Wednesday 11 July 2012
1. Hillbrow Theatre Outreach Group, Hillbrow, Jhb - I Still Ask Myself Why?
2. Vir Nthosco, Witbank - Abandoned/ Abandoned
3. Waterfront Drama Group, Trichardt - The Chronicles of Pain
Thursday 12 July 2012
1. Waterfront Drama School, Trichardt - Dirk Smirk - Secret Agent
2. The Theatre Lions, Embalenhle, Our Silent Wars
3. Mzinoni Theatre Group, Bethal - All Secrets must be Told
Friday 13 July 2012
1. Duduza Serenade Youth Development, Nigel, GP - The Finger
2. Skoppensboer - Dreamworkz Studio- Randfontein High School, GP
3. The Youth League - do
Saturday 14 July 2012
The re-performances of the three Best Productions of the week, followed by a Gala Award Ceremony.
Performances start promptly at 6:30pm from Monday to Friday and at 5:30pm on Saturday night.
R20 per night - 3 plays
Participating groups can make bookings at discounted rates.
For more information and tickets sales, contact Noel Mc Donald on 083-309-4315 or Henning Botha on 082-440-8120 or visit www.sancta.org.za
Sleeps: 120 in 60 units/rooms
1.4km South of center of SANCTA One Act Play Festival
Inspired by William Shakespeare’s “The Merchant of Venice”, The Merchant Hotel is a business class hotel that offers accommodation for the modern day business traveler looking for a relaxing stay, reminiscent of travels of years gone by. ..
28.2km North East of center of SANCTA One Act Play Festival
There are a number of magnificent accommodation options available at Bluegum.
The 20 en-suite rooms are decorated in African prints with a mixture of rich
28.7km North East of center of SANCTA One Act Play Festival
De Herberg is a typical country Guest House, situated on the N17 route in Bethal, Mpumalanga, almost halfway between Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal or Swaziland.
Business man, tourist or Polo cross player ……? This guest house is your spot. We provide a high s
28.8km North East of center of SANCTA One Act Play Festival
This luxurious guest house is situated in the heart of Cosmos Country in Bethal, Mpumalanga and boasts twenty comfortable en suite rooms, all with their own earthy décor. Most of the beautiful wooden furniture has been manufactured locally.