TIRU LODGE - Self Catering Accommodation in Bela-Bela
Tiru is a privately owned lodge situated inside Mabalingwe, a Big 5 game
reserve 28 km from Bela Bela and 140 km from Pretoria. Enjoy the ultimate
bushveld experience, with the ultimate boma/lapa combination, where you can sit
around a boma fire underneath a well designed thatch, with all the facilities
next to you, including canvas to control wind flow, build-in braai and large
table to socialise around. Sit on the deck and enjoy breath-taking views over
the reserve, while animals and birds come very close. Enjoy a Jacuzzi under a
tree in the bush or alternatively indoors next to a modern closed combustion
efficient fireplace at night if it is cold.
The lodge is situated within close proximity of Mabalingwe's recreational facilities, including tennis courts, a mini-golf course, squash courts, swimming pools and a convenience shop, as well as the restaurant, a boma, a bar, hot and cold pools, a Jacuzzi and sauna rooms. Mabalingwe offers an excellent entertainment program which includes a wide range of adventure activities such as guided game viewing, horse riding and lion feeding by prior arrangement. Guests are also allowed to enter the game viewing area with their own vehicles, ensuring that you have maximum time to enjoy the wild and bird life.
The lodge sleeps nine people. It has a bedrooms with a king-sized bed and a queen-sized bed, one bedroom with two single beds, three single beds on the upper loft and two bathrooms. The rooms are air-conditioned.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with an oven, microwave oven, a large fridge-freezer, ice machine and a dishwasher.
- Bathroom Facilities: Two bathrooms
- Beds: One queen and one king bed, Five single beds
- Other : Air conditioning in rooms, Fan, No Smoking in Rooms, Outside fire pit, Webber braai, Wooden deck leading to Jacuzzi under tree,
- TV: Flat screen with full DStv and video player.
- big game (less than 30km)
- big game onsite
- dishwasher (some units)
- game drives onsite
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- horse riding onsite
- hunting (less than 30km)
- outdoor pool
- parking all onsite
- restaurant onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities