Tides River Lodge
Tides lies on the banks of the Breede River, near Malgas, in the Cape. A short two and a half hour trip from Cape Town and only half an hour from Swellendam on the way to the Garden Route.
Tides is an oasis in the dry wheatlands of the Overberg, an 'off the beaten track' destination for those who enjoy something different. Tides is without doubt one of the most unique and pristine locations on the Breede River.
Relax on the lawns, fish off the river bank, explore the river, waterski, canoe or visit the bush pub. For the more adventurous there are 4 x 4 trails just minutes away.
Tides offers three self catering cottages and one Boathouse all are right on the banks of the river and have stunning views, verandahs and braai areas. Bedrooms have Queen size beds, 100% cotton linen. Kitchens are fully equipped. There is wireless internet available, and cell phone reception throughout.
- Four bedrooms, 3 bathrooms.
- Fireplace, bar, shaded verandah
- Fully equipped kitchen
Zebra Flat can be rented as an add on to Zebra Lodge only. Sleeps 4. Please enquire.
- Cob Cottage is closest to the water.
- Cosy and full of charm.
- Cob has four bedrooms and three bathrooms.
- The kitchen is fully equipped.
- There is a braai and wonderful river views.
- Two bedrooms, two bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- Large lounge, open plan kitchen
- Log fireplace.
- River views, braai area
- Cosy thatched loft unit
- Right on the waters edge
- Lovely deck overlooking the river
- Sleeps 3
- Separate Bathroom
Wireless Internet is available and there is cell phone signal throughout.
- boat / marine slipway onsite
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - communal
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fishing onsite
- internet facilities
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- laundry facilities (less than 2km)
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- water skiing onsite
Take the N2 from Cape Town and just before Swellendam turn right at the "MALGAS/INFANTA" sign.
Continue on the gravel road for approximately 40kms and turn left at the "Lemoentuin" sign.
Take the first left hand turn through a gate and follow the "TIDES" signs down the river.
Tides is 40kms on a gravel road from Swellendam, you do not need 4 x4 but please drive carefully and ensure your spare tyre is inflated.
34 18' 23.9S 20.36' 03.7E