|Address:||17 Mansel Terrace
Thornleys Guesthouse is a majestic colonial home boasting an unrivaled view over the Dlinza Forest, which is synonomous with Eshowe, Zululand.
This newly renovated Boutique Guesthouse has five individually-designed en-suite rooms.
Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, family group or solo, wedding party or honeymoon couple, our different rooms make every stay a unique experience.
The generous size of our property allows visitors to be as private or social as they choose to be.
Guests can choose between activities like socialising at the bar, relaxing by the pool, reading a good book,having a romantic stroll in our manicured gardens, or simply enjoying a morning cup of coffee or sundowner, whilst bird-watching from our recently built Dlinza Forest viewing deck.
Apart from being relaxing environment, Thornleys is also fully-geared for Business Guests, by providing free WIFI connectivity & conference facilites.
Thornleys Guesthouse offers a discreet address for people who prefer understated elegance, attention to detail and ultra-personal service. Our services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Spacious private dining room with a fireplace
- Viewing deck overlooking the Dlinza Forest
- Swimming pool
- Lounge & bar area with TV and fireplace
- A variety of verandahs and gazebos
- Built in braai area
- Cozy reading corners
- Secure off-road parking
- Free WIFI
- Laundry service
- Packed breakfast & lunch by prior arrangement
- Dinner avaiilable on request
- Flatscreen TV with DSTV commercial premium package
- Complimentary Wifi
- Free secure parking
- Complimentary tea & coffee facility
- Plunger filter coffee & fresh milk
- Complimentary mineral water
- Fresh fruit and flowers
- Housekeeping service daily
- Hairdryer, Iron & ironing board available from reception
Eshowe is situated around the lush Dlinza Forest in the rolling hills of Zululand, and is close to the Capitals of the old Zulu Kingdoms.The town boasts a wealth of fauna, flora and bird life unequalled in Southern Africa. The 250 hectare indigenous coastal scarp forest (Dlinza Forest) is home to more than 90 species of birds, 85 species of butterflies, and 130 different tree species. This is surrounded by endless views of natural landscape, sugar plantations and orchards. Eshowe is the ideal base to discover the Zululand Birding Route, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park at Saint Lucia, the game reserves of Northern Zululand and the Battlefields of the Anglo-Zulu war.
Other attractions include:
- Dlinza Forest Aerial Boardwalk – 5 minutes
- Fort Nongqayi Museum Village – 5 minutes
- N2 motorway – 30 minutes
- Shakaland - Zulu Culture Village Experience - 20 Minutes
- Amatikulu Beach - 40 minutes
- King Shaka International airport – 1 1/4 hours
- Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve – 1 1/2 hours
- Rorke’s Drift – 1 3/4 hours
- Greater St Lucia Wetlands Park - 2 hours