We offer affordable accommodation in our B&B Guesthouse called Oak Tree Lodge on a trout farm called The Old Hatchery, set in tranquil country scenery just 10km from Underberg in the Southern Drakensberg. We provide on-site parking, wifi and fabulous meals off an a la carte menu in our restaurant. Located near horse riding trails, mountain biking trails, hiking routes, golf courses, trout fishing waters and of course the infamous Sani Pass.
Bed & Breakfast
Oak Tree Lodge is a double story house with 6 en-suite bedrooms all with bath and shower. All linen is 100% cotton percale. Each bedroom in Oak Tree Lodge has a TV with DSTV to select from and each room also has temperature control. Upstairs in the lounge there are seating areas that you can make use of when reading a book.
In a nutshell Oak Tree Lodge offers:
- 6 bedrooms en-suite with bath and shower
- Comfortable Reading Lounge
- TV in each bedroom
- Aircon OR Underfloor heating in each bedroom in OAK TREE LODGE
- Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners daily in the Restaurant
- Wifi in Restaurant
- On-site parking
- Reception hours : 7am - 9pm in the Restaurant
Our Reception office is in the Restaurant. The restaurant opens daily at 7am and all breakfasts, lunches and dinners for our B&B guests are catered for in the restaurant. We also offer packed lunches for guests who wish to go hiking or fishing.
Reasons to come to Underberg:
- Guided Sani Pass 4x4 trips
- Breathtaking mountain hikes
- Horse riding trails
- Trout fishing
- Mountain biking
- San rock art
- Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer ... and all the beautiful scenery each of them provides!
What to bring:
- Passport for your trip up Sani Pass into Lesotho
- Bring your sense of adventure and come and explore our beautiful countryside to recharge your soul
We are situated one hour from Howick on the N3 and one hour from Kokstad, making Underberg the ideal location from which to explore the majestic mountains of the Southern Drakensberg. We are on the route between Johannesburg and seaside resorts of the KwaZulu Natal South Coast and The Wild Coast making this the ideal location to stop over for the night. Our nearest airport is King Shaka International Airport (3 hours drive)