About The Front HouseRestaurants and Cafes:
The Front House is a self catering Bali style cottage on Salt Rock main beach
off the Dolphin Coast, KwaZulu Natal. It has 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms (one
of which is en suite) and guest loo, large open plan kitchen / living area /
dining room and huge veranda all sea facing.
This cottage is perfect for a family getaway with loads of space to relax and
feel at home. Only a wooden staircase separates this gorgeous cottage from the
beach with private access to the beach.
SELF CATERING ACCOMMODATION
A maximum of 6 adults may be booked into The Front House with maximum of 4
children to share the bunk room. A cot and high chair may be arranged on
request, please specify. All bedrooms have ceiling fans.
The kitchen is fully equipped with 2 fridges, 1 large deep freeze, microwave,
Smeg gas stove, dishwasher, washing machine, crockery, cutlery and glassware and
a Weber braai. TV, DVD and DStv are there for your use. The property has a
beamed alarm system with 24 hour armed response. There is a double automated
garage and on-site and parking is plentiful.
Bed linen, blankets, bath & beach towels will be provided. Plastic sheets for
children may be arranged at no extra charge, please specify on your booking
Our staff are here to make your stay as comfortable as possible and their
service is included in the rate, tips are warmly welcomed. They will gladly do
washing and ironing at a nominal rate. They will also offer to set the table for
you and cook you breakfast and dinner with your ingredients at a nominal rate.
Please enquire about the menu they offer to cook and what the charge and let us
know if you would like to take advantage of this service.
Regret, no pets will be permitted on the premises. This is a non-smoking
ATTRACTIONS AND ACTIVITIES
- The Litchi Orchard
- Sage Cafe
- The Fig Tree at Simbithi Golf Club
- Burndale Centre
- Salt Cafe - yummy pizza
- The Artisan Baker - world class bread and croissants
- Flag Farm Animal Farm
- Crocodile Creek
- Microlight flights along Salt Rock and Ballito coast
- Ballito Fishing Tours
- uShaka Marine World Durban
- Gateway Shopping Mall
- Natal Sharks Board
- Butterfly World
- Simbithi Eco Golf Estate
- Zimbali Country Club
- Prince's Grant
- Maidstone Golf Course
- Umhlali Country Club
- Eshowe Hills Eco Golf Estate
- Darnall Country Club
The Front House is perfectly situated with about a 20 minute drive to King Shaka
International Airport, five minutes to Ballito and just 30 minutes to Durban.
Umhlanga and Gateway Shopping Centre are a 20 minute drive away.
Non arrival - No Refund
Early check out – No refund
Less than 2 week's notice - No Refund
2 - 4 weeks notice - 50% Refund
4 weeks or more notice - Subject to a 10% handling fee.
In the event of no show or late cancellation or guests leaving prior to check out date, the total cost of the reservation will be charged. We recommend that all guests carry travel insurance to cover the cancellation fees.
Arrival & Departure Times
Check in after 2pm
Check out before 10am
Terms Of Payment
Please read the following carefully :
We take a minimum of 4 nights’ accommodation for any booking and a minimum of 14 nights’ in peak season.
50% of the total cost of accommodation provisionally booked is payable upfront to secure the booking. The balance is due 4 weeks prior to arrival.
The total stay includes a breakage deposit of R1000, which is refundable
7 days after departure via bank transfer should no breakages be found.
Please note: rates apply within South Africa only. Regret, 10% of the total booking will be charged to International transfers due to bank charges.
Conditions of Occupancy:
1) The front House consists of 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (one of which is en-suite) and a guest loo. A maximum of 6 adults and 2 children may be booked into The Front House at any one time, however, on request, 2 beds may be added for 2 extra children. A cot and high chair may be arranged on request, please specify on booking. All bedrooms have ceiling fans.
2) Bed Linen will be provided. This includes fitted and flat sheets and blankets/duvets.
Plastic sheets for children may be arranged at no extra charge, please specify on booking.
Bath towels and beach towels will be provided. Any that are lost or left on the beach during your stay will be reimbursed to The Front House from the deposit.
3) Daily cleaning of The Front House by our staff :
(This includes household cleaning liquids so no need to bring these)
NB : Our staff are here to make your stay as comfortable as possible. They will gladly do washing and ironing within reason at your own risk. The Front House will not take any responsibility for clothes damaged. If you take advantage of staff washing and ironing, we recommend a tip of minimum R50 per day of your stay.
Optional extra’s :
Cooking: Our staff offer a cooked breakfast or dinner with guest supplied ingredients.
Should you wish to take advantage of having meals cooked for you please arrange with staff on arrival. They charge R50 per meal cooked and have shopping lists for meals they cook. With this they set the table for your meal. Please give them a days notice.
Washing and ironing: The Front House has a washing machine and hanging line for your use included in the daily rate. Please supply auto front loader washing powder. Should you wish to ask the staff to wash and iron feel free. We just ask that you tip generously for these extra services on departure.
4) The kitchen is fully equipped with 2 fridges (one in the garage), 1 large deep freeze, microwave, Smeg double stove, dishwasher, washing machine, crockery, cutlery & glassware with a Weber braai and open stainless steel braai. Please supply your own charcoal and braai aid’s.
5) Flatscreen TV, DVD player and DSTV are included in the daily rate. Wifi is not available at The Front House.
6) Regret, No pets will be permitted on the premises.
7) Overcrowding will not be permitted. No more than the maximum number of people booked may be on the property at any one time. The Front house is not a wedding or functions venue. House parties are therefore not welcomed. NO STUDENT groups. Failure to comply will result in immediate eviction and no refunds will be made.
8) There is a double automated garage and off street parking is plentiful.
9) The Front House is a non-smoking cottage. Ashtrays will be provided outside.
10) Indemnity form page 5 must be signed by any adults staying in the house for the duration of the stay. Parents must sign on behalf of their children. The Occupant managing the booking is responsible to inform their guests of the rules.
11) At the time of departure, the house should be left in the same condition as it was found on arrival. The house should be locked, keys and remotes given to the caretaker. Occupants may be held responsible for any shortages due to misplacement, breakages or any damages to the premise etc. Failure to adhere to the above could result in a delay of repayment or a deduction from the deposit.
12) Arrival & Departure Times: Check in is from 2pm to 6pm. Check out is before 10am on day of departure.
13) Terms of Payment and cancellation:
Please refer to the Terms of Payment on page 2.
14) The property has a beamed alarm system with armed response from IPSS security.
It is the responsibility of the occupants to set the alarm whenever they leave the house and when they are home. Doors and windows should be locked whenever the occupants are down on the beach or out of the house for any amount of time.
The Front House will take no responsibility for theft due to negligence of security and should any of The Front House property be stolen due to negligence, the occupant will be liable.
15) Property of The Front House including linen, bath towels, pillows, cutlery, glasses or chairs may be taken onto the beach under any circumstances. Any items missing or damaged as a result of this will be reimbursed to The Front House from the breakages deposit.