The Cave Cottage is an idyllic holiday home right on the beach, set in an indigenous garden with panoramic views of whales and dolphins. Sit back peacefully on the balcony overlooking the ocean before you, meander through the rockeries of protected indigenous vegetation only found along this rocky coastline, or go out the beach gate and onto the virtually private beach complete with its own natural 'granny pool'.
The house itself has two double bedrooms and two bathrooms. The master bedroom en suite has a king-sized bed and plentiful, fitted wardrobes, the second bedroom comprises of two beds, a 3/4 and a single, fitted wardrobe and desk with TV and DVD player. The cottage is suitable for a maximum of five as there is an additional, optional single bed available which can be placed at your discretion. There is a washer and dryer available for laundry.
The fitted kitchen is especially well appointed with all amenities including washing machine and is open plan from the kitchen breakfast bar with stools to the dining and living areas. The dining room sports a large bar and leads out to the braai/barbeque area under trees, set in the rockery. The large lounge area offers room to watch DSTV/DVD or settle round a table for board games and puzzles. The sliding door out onto the balcony allows for a large expansive view of the sea even from the kitchen.
The cottage has full security, trellis on windows and doors, an alarm system and armed response. The property is completely walled or fenced. Main entrance is intercommed and the single garage is remote controlled with secure entrance onto the property. There is electric fencing along the street wall. There is a solar geyser and water tanks with borehole to ensure a continuous supply of water even through municipal interruptions.
The Cave Cottage is smoker and pet friendly. The whole cottage is air-conditioned and has ceiling fans. There is a battery inverter to allow for TV and lamp lighting even during Eskom outages. All linen is provided except beach towels. A domestic worker can be arranged at your convenience to do all cleaning except laundry. The property is near shops, laundry, main public beach, restaurants, library, banks, river, lagoons and nature reserves.
The Wild Coast Sun Casino and Entertainment Centre is 8 km. away across the river and offers an international standard golf course, motorized water sports, horse riding, restaurants and gaming.
The Cave Cottage is a serene and glorious holiday home away from home that was designed to let you relax and enjoy the environment.
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Beach (garden gate access directly onto beach)
- Bird watching
- Boat/marine slipway, canoeing (within 5km)
- Boat trips and cruises (within 5 km)
- Braai/barbeque (just off the dining room and bar area)
- Casino (8 km)
- Ceiling fans
- Deep-sea fishing (within 2 km)
- DVD player
- Fishing (on the rocks outside and along the beach)
- Garage, secure entrance onto property
- Water tanks and borehole
- Golf course (Pt. Edward Golf Course, within1 km.; Wild Coast Sun - 8 km.)
- Horse riding (8 km.)
- Indigenous garden with protected vegetation and birdlife
- Inverter for lounge lighting and TV during power outages
- Medical/dental facilities (within 1 km.)
- Microwave in kitchen
- Nature reserves and hikes (river - within 5 km; sea - within 8 km)
- Panoramic scenic views of ocean and beach
- Public beach (within 5 km)
- Pets allowed
- Private, intercommed entrance
- Scuba diving (less 10 km)
- Smoker friendly
- Solar geyser
- Walks (along the beach)
- Water sports (less 10 km)
- Whale and dolphin watching (directly from the balcony)
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing onsite
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- parking all onsite
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine in unit
- washing machine onsite