|Address:||496 Eighth Street, Port Edward, South Coast, KwaZulu Natal|
|Contact :||Cathy J. Plewman|
See Dolphins and Whales right from the balcony!
The Cave Cottage is an idyllic holiday home right on the beach, set in an indigenous garden with panoramic views of whales and dolphins. Sit back peacefully on the balcony overlooking the ocean before you, meander through the rockeries of protected indigenous vegetation only found along this rocky coastline, or go out the beach gate and onto the virtually private beach complete with its own natural 'granny pool'.
The house itself has two double bedrooms and two bathrooms. The master bedroom en suite has a king-sized bed and plentiful, fitted wardrobes, the second bedroom comprises of two beds, a 3/4 and a single , a wardrobe and fitted desk with TV and CD player. The cottage is suitable for a maximum of five as there is an additional, optional single bed available which can be placed at your discretion. There is a washer and dryer available for laundry.
The fitted kitchen is especially well appointed with all amenities including washing machine and is open plan from the kitchen breakfast bar with stools to the dining and living areas. The dining room sports a large bar and leads out to the braai/barbeque area under trees, set in the rockery. The large lounge area offers room to watch DStv/DVD-video or settle round a table for board games and puzzles. The sliding door out onto the balcony allows for a large expansive view of the sea even from the kitchen.
The cottage has full security, trellis on windows and doors, an alarm system and armed response. The property is completely walled or fenced. Main entrance is intercommed and the single garage is remote controlled with secure entrance onto the property. There is a solar geyser and water tanks with pumps to ensure a continuous supply of water even through municipal interruptions.
The Cave Cottage is smoker and pet friendly. The whole cottage is air-conditioned and has ceiling fans. All linen is provided except beach towels. A domestic worker can be arranged at your convenience to do all cleaning except laundry. The property is near shops, laundry, main public beach, restaurants, library, banks, river, lagoons and nature reserves.
The Wild Coast Sun Casino and Entertainment Centre is 8 km. away across the river and offers an international standard golf course, motorized water sports, horse riding, restaurants and gaming.
The Cave Cottage is a serene and glorious holiday home away from home that was designed to let you relax and enjoy the environment.
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Beach (garden gate access directly onto beach)
- Bird watching
- Boat/marine slipway, canoeing (within 5km)
- Boat trips and cruises (within 5 km)
- Braai/barbeque (just off the dining room and bar area)
- Casino (8 km)
- Ceiling fans Crocodile Farm (less 20 km)
- Deep-sea fishing (within 2 km)
- DVD/video players
- Fishing (on the rocks outside and along the beach)
- Garage, secure entrance onto property
- Water tanks and pumps
- Golf course (Pt. Edward Golf Course, within1 km.; Wild Coast Sun - 8 km.)
- Horse riding (8 km.)
- Indigenous garden with protected vegetation and birdlife
- Medical/dental facilities (within 1 km.)
- Microwave in kitchen
- Nature reserves and hikes (river - within 5 km; sea - within 8 km)
- Panaramic scenic views of ocean and beach
- Public beach (within 5 km)
- Pets allowed
- Private, intercommed entrance
- Radio/CD player
- Scuba diving (less 10 km)
- Smoker friendly
- Solar geyser
- Walks (along the beach)
- Water sports (less 10 km)
- Whale and dolphin watching (directly from the balcony)
Michelle: As usual I had a terrific place to stay at , at the Cave I raved about it so much to my Brother he's probably going to give you a call.
Div: The photo of the view at The Cave is on my work desktop. So, every morning when I switch on the computer I have this amazing view and you cannot ask for a better view early in the morning.
Stuart, Erna, Maureen, and Daniella: I don't know how to thank you enough for allowing us to stay in your magnificent home in Port Edward. We have had the most amazing holiday. We have never stayed in any accommodation that was so homely. It felt like home from home. There is nowhere else that we would want to be than at the Cave.
"We had a wonderful stay at The Cave thanks - what a magical spot you have! Thank you so much for sharing it with us."
"Thanks, had a great time, the Cave is awesome!
" Hi Cathy,
Just a quick email to let you know that we absolutely loved your house and garden. We were constantly remarking on the beauty of the plants and rocks.
We were very happy to see the rainbird, dikkop and francolins in the garden. We were also delighted to see a pair of blue duiker in the bush on the beach!
We loved our stay and are already looking at return dates.
Thank you again.
- air conditioner (all units)
- beach (absolutely on the beach)
- boat / marine slipway (within 5km)
- boat trips (less than 5km)
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- casino (less than 10km)
- DSTV in communal area (bring card)
- DSTV in room (bring card)
- exercise facilities (less than 5km)
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fishing onsite
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding (less than 5km)
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- medical facilities (less than 5km)
- microwave in unit
- nature trail (less than 2km)
- parking all onsite
- pets allowed by prior arrangement
- private entrance
- radio in room
- remote security
- reptile park (less than 20km)
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- sailing rentals (less than 5km)
- scuba diving (less than 10km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine in unit
- washing machine onsite
- water skiing (less than 10km)
- whale watching onsite
- Payment Methods
- EFT / Bank Transfer
- Sorry, Credit cards not accepted
- Bed Configuration
- The Cave (Sleeps 5) x 1
- Room 1 - king
- Room 2 - three quarter, single
- Room 3 - single
- Special Categories
- Pet Friendly Accommodation